Question on size

MKG

Arachnopeon
i will be getting a B. Smithi that is measured 2".

Can I put him in a 8x8x14 acrylic cage?

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Just be wary of too much height for your terrestrial, falls can be dangerous to your T. Assuming you're able to set it on its side so it's 8" high it shouldn't be too bad. Just know that it doesn't necessarily need that much space at its current size but if it's finding its food and has what it needs then why not. I personally would wait a few more molts if I was dealing with that species.

MKG

Arachnopeon
Just be wary of too much height for your terrestrial, falls can be dangerous to your T. Assuming you're able to set it on its side so it's 8" high it shouldn't be too bad. Just know that it doesn't necessarily need that much space at its current size but if it's finding its food and has what it needs then why not. I personally would wait a few more molts if I was dealing with that species.
Makes sense. Thank you.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i will be getting a B. Smithi that is measured 2".

Can I put him in a 8x8x14 acrylic cage?
The above poster provided you some useful but some information that could put your T in jeopardy.

The general recommendation we provide people who own terrestrials is the height from sub floor to lid distance should be no more than 1.5X the Ts diagonal leg span.

All of my terrestrials do not have the ability to fall down. This is particularly true for NW terrestrials, such as the Brachy genus which is known to put on a lot of mass in in their abdomen.

A fall may lead to a dead T.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
He is right. I did mention to be wary of having too much height but did not give proper solutions to the problem. You would want around 5" of sub in there