Question on New B. Smithi Sling

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Agreed, but i find its less critical with slings. I dont offer hides to small slings personally.
Interesting. I do for my slings, usually cork slab against container. I have found in almost all my terrestrial slings NW and OW when presented with a cork bark chip they will use it as an anchor point, as opposed to not using it at all.

Next sac you have, take like 10, 5 with and 5 without cork etc, be curious to see if you observe any differences?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My tiniest slings in the 2oz cups only get a small leaf for a hide and the last set I took out cause they made their own little burrows without the leaf. Everything that small that I have offered cork pieces to has not really used them. Once they get in the the 16 or 32 oz deli cups they get a hide.

My recent P.ornata sling did get a small cork piece and it basically made a tiny burrow on the covered side of the vial without using the cork. It does go up the cork if I leave the food in a grove on the bark but isn't on the cork normally so far. Once it get bigger I'll give it a small tube and it'll likely make better use of that.