1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on mold

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Lyle Beach, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. Lyle Beach

    Lyle Beach Arachnobaron Old Timer

    There is a little bit of mold in my B. smithi (juvinile) tank. The problem is, is that it is inside his little coconut hut. Which means it is a pain in the butt to get to. It has been in there for 2 days now... I have been busy, so tonight is the first chance that I have to get it out.

    How harmful is mold in the tank to the T? It's not out of control or anything, it is just a little from T poop, and a cricket remains.

    I just plan on taking out the mold, and scarping off the top layer of the peat moss.

    My main question is... is there any harm to the T is the mold is in there for 2-3 days? Thanks
  2. caligulathegod

    caligulathegod Arachnodeity Old Timer

    Shouldn't be, but that's all you'll need to do, that it, scraping the mold out. No need to change out the substrate. I'd just keep the tank dryer with a water dish. Only the babies really need high humidity.