Question concerning woodlice

Karl Parker

Arachnopeon
Just wondering if there is such a thing as "too many woodlice" as I bought a pretty small culture to tend to my rainbow millipedes home and now they seem to be everywhere...and I mean EVERYWHERE! In every crevice and under every small seclusion is a small village.

I've read stories of millipedes being attacked by them as well which really puts me on edge as I should be getting a new rainbow soon and if it's male then I'm hoping to see results with my female.

I think the question I'm getting at is should I be concerned and take action? Maybe set up a new tub and go with springtails? If I do that what should I do about these woodlice cause I'm fairly sure I can't just release these outside.

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
I have heared of them eating eggs as well as molting pedes. I’d suggest making that a culture and just move the millipedes you have in there now. I started off with 5 Porcellio Scaber and now I have HUNDREDS, just a couple months later.

Karl Parker

Arachnopeon
I know this is going to sound rather silly but what would I do with them? Sell them? Where could I do that I have no clue where to begin with that aspect lol.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What species of woodlouse is it? Some species seem to be more likely to disturb the pedes than others.

Besides selling them, if they get to be too much of a problem you can just scoop a bunch into a container and put them in the freezer for a few days.