Question about vinegaroon hibernation.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
okay I had this species for like a few months now and it’s been in hibernation for awhile and he hasn’t came back up from his burrow, how do I know when he’ll come back up to the surface. And how long do they hibernate?

basin79

ArachnoGod
okay I had this species for like a few months now and it’s been in hibernation for awhile and he hasn’t came back up from his burrow, how do I know when he’ll come back up to the surface. And how long do they hibernate?
Just leave them to it. Mine has been buried for about 5 months now. She wasn't buried quite this long the last time but they know what they're doing.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last year, mine both hibernated from December to June! This year, one hibernated for a month or so, and the other did not hibernate at all. This is my third year keeping them, and so far I have learned that they are a bit unpredictable with regard to hibernation.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
The hibernation period differs from individual. I had a subadult male and pre-sub female not hibernate and continue to eat while my other subadult male just began to eat. They could be molting or if you have a mtire and wild caught female there’s a chance that she might be laying an eggsac. Just leave her be and don’t bother them or dig them up. Also, for any invertebrate that experiences hibernation or diapauses I always try to make it seem as natural and possible by lowering the temps and raising them along with the humidity for many desert species.

CaitlinPenny

Arachnopeon
Hi guys. I think my vinegaroon went into hibernation yesterday, because for the first time I haven't seen him in over 24 hours. I'm just worried that I won't know if he's really hibernating or if he's died, but of course I don't want to check because I don't want to disturb him.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hi guys. I think my vinegaroon went into hibernation yesterday, because for the first time I haven't seen him in over 24 hours. I'm just worried that I won't know if he's really hibernating or if he's died, but of course I don't want to check because I don't want to disturb him.
Aye just leave them too it. You can't win as if it's been 5 months and you're worried and dig them up you could interrupt their moult. If they've died then digging them up won't do you any good anyway.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Leave him alone till he emerges next spring/summer. I have a female who buried herself around June and probably won’t be up till next early summer. Whatever you do don’r dig him up, that’s just gonna cause more problems and stress him out more