question about molt

EODviper

Arachnopeon
My P. Irminia just molted today. Which is exciting news! However he/she did it in its burrow. I was just curious how people remove the molt. will he push it out himself or will I have to remove it as carefully as possible in a week or so? Any info can help. Thank you

14pokies

Arachnoprince
It will push it out when its ready... Some irminia do it a few days after the molt, some take a week or two...

cold blood

Staff member
There is no reason to need to remove it, it won't mold or attract bugs or anything. The only reason you need to remove it is to examine the molt to get a definitive answer as to the sex of the t...if you don't already know, of course.

EODviper

Arachnopeon
No problem, most of mine will leave it near one of there entrance/exit holes but I have one that carries it over next to the water dish every time!
oh cool. I love how each T has there own little quirks and things that make them special

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 07:02 AM ----------

There is no reason to need to remove it, it won't mold or attract bugs or anything. The only reason you need to remove it is to examine the molt to get a definitive answer as to the sex of the t...if you don't already know, of course.
I honestly didn't know that. I appreciate the info. I have heard people say the molt will mold.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 07:02 AM ----------

This should do the trick...
that is too funny. I'll see if I can find one. And I'll excavate the little guys whole enclosure

Hanska

Arachnobaron
Mine's a hoarder. I'm pretty sure it has atleast two molts it keeps in its hide.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
This should do the trick...
LOL....now I miss my Tonka truck. Moved some serious sand with that bitch....

I agree w/ cold blood. Don't excavate unless you need to lift up the skirt on the spider...it'll be happier if you don't. I'm rude with my little ones after a molt if I'm in the process of determining their gender; I give them a day or so to flex and harden up, sometimes less --->XD. Tough cookies. Just be delicate and don't overreact if they surprise you...bent/mangled legs happen post molt too.