question about isopods with tarantulas

Chris11

ArachnoBat
I just use them in my T. stirmi enclosure because of the high humidity and sheer size of it. As far as i know, theres still about 20 or so in there and ive never had a problem with them.

SOLOKILLER2601

Arachnopeon
lord, I've had isopods in my avic's enclosures for a few months now. No worries about the isopods eating the T, but more like the other way around. The really only eat dead or decaying products since they are easier to get to. they are not crickets. IME.
What kind of isopods do you use cuz i do know some isopods are very protein hungry

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I file 'anything out of my yard' as 'something that could poison my T" and thus never combine the 2. I am guessing you could take wild caught and keep them in a container where you controlled the substrate and in a generation or 2 clear them of any toxins. The reward to risk ratio is too low in my book. I know Ts will eat Isos of given the chance. I have 2 Living enclosures, 1 with a Versicolor, the other with a Pokie. I have Isos in both

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Make sure you do your research on the correct species of isopods to get when adding them to a tarantula or scorpian's enclosure.

Certain species will eat your scorpians when they molt. I've never heard of them eating a T when they are molting but not 100% on it.