Question about feeding crickets

S2rodger

Arachnopeon
So I feed my tarantulas crickets and have gave them some dried fruit eg raisins ( the cricks not the ts) . Just wondering if there is anything that isnt too good for them to eat and in turn harmful to my tarantulas

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So I feed my tarantulas crickets and have gave them some dried fruit eg raisins ( the cricks not the ts) . Just wondering if there is anything that isnt too good for them to eat and in turn harmful to my tarantulas
"You are what you eat", at the end, and goes for us just like for our T's/T's feeders/whatever.

IMO the only really harmful food we can give to our crickets/roaches (altough they are basically little 'tanks', on that sense) etc is the one not cleaned/cleaned well, taken from outside, maybe in areas where pesticides and other chemical crap are used.

I give to my crickets carrots, romaine, stuff like that, and to my B.dubia fruit, tomatoes etc: I don't have a clue about dried fruit eg raisins because I'm Italian and, at the moment, too lazy for 'Google' what "eg raisins" is/are :lock:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I don't have a clue about dried fruit eg raisins because I'm Italian and, at the moment, too lazy for 'Google' what "eg raisins" is/are :lock:
Raisins are just raisins. Eg is an abbreviation for exempli gratia, it just means for example in Latin. Yes I googled it, I knew what it meant but didn't know why.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Raisins are just raisins. Eg is an abbreviation for exempli gratia, it just means for example in Latin. Yes I googled it, I knew what it meant but didn't know why.
Ah, I see :)

I type "e.g" with the dot, and the not present dot, above, leaded me to think that was the name of a stuff called 'eg raisins' :kiss:

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Better use fresh fruits and greens (from safe sources) than be sorry later.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I rarely feed my T's crickets, but when I do I usually end up with a "pet" cricket or two that no one will eat. I just feed them premade roach food, fresh fruit and veggies and water gel crystals. Same things I feed my roaches.