Question about Black Widow venom => priapism

Drea

Arachnosquire
Spiders eat other invertebrates and sometimes small vertebrates. As big 100+ pound vertebrates their venom isn’t terribly effective on us.

The lactrodectus bite put me in the ER 24 hours after the bite. I sat on a chair outside and got tagged on the side of my left thigh in the middle between my knee and hip. It felt like I swallowed glass that had come alive in my stomach and was trying to crawl it’s way out from all sides. It was not fun at all.

See for yourself if a man will be able to become sexually aroused after a bite. And this is 'only' an OW P.murinus....

Or a P.metallica:

Was that dude trying to get tagged by his OBT or was he just trying to show people how moody they are. I mean, either way he was asking, nay, begging to get bit but that is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYAN

Arachnoking
The lactrodectus bite put me in the ER 24 hours after the bite. I sat on a chair outside and got tagged on the side of my left thigh in the middle between my knee and hip. It felt like I swallowed glass that had come alive in my stomach and was trying to crawl it’s way out from all sides. It was not fun at all.
Yeah, that sounds fairly typical of a bite. You are still alive though.

Being bitten by a medically significant species isn’t going to be fun, but in the grand scheme of things where it’s meant to quickly kill prey, the effects are usually not life threatening to us.

Drea

Arachnosquire
Sure, but for how toxic the venom is you got off pretty fine.

Being bitten by a medically significant species isn’t going to be fun, but in the grand scheme of things where it’s meant to quickly kill prey, the effects are usually not life threatening to us.

So true. It felt like I got hit in the leg with a bat for a few days but I am still alive and kicking. I have only been bit twice by spiders. The latrodectus was the 2nd

First one was a Dysdera crocata (Woodlouse spider). I was 10 and sat on it and it bit me in the bump. It felt like I sat on a nail and then jumped up just in time to see it scurry across the floor. It hurt for 30 minutes and it was over.

I so glad that both spiders survived being sat on. The poor dears could have been killed but survived my bump and I survived their bit. Win win.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

Was that dude trying to get tagged by his OBT or was he just trying to show people how moody they are. I mean, either way he was asking, nay, begging to get bit but that is crazy.
He was trying (and succeeded) to get bitten. It's a former member here, he wanted to know if the bite reports weren't exaggerated :rofl:
He concluded they aren't :smug:

Drea

Arachnosquire
7159B592-70BF-4B58-BB1C-E784CF353070.jpeg
He was trying (and succeeded) to get bitten. It's a former member here, he wanted to know if the bite reports weren't exaggerated :rofl:
He concluded they aren't :smug:

Omg, why just why. Former member... booted for doing stupid things?? Lucky for him YouTube thrives on people like that. There is no way I would ever do that. The spider could have gotten hurt..

You can have this egg sac for your story. Haha test the bite on 300 to 900 of these guys and see what feelings arise from it.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
View attachment 309983

Omg, why just why. Former member... booted for doing stupid things?? Lucky for him YouTube thrives on people like that. There is no way I would ever do that. The spider could have gotten hurt..

You can have this egg sac for your story. Haha test the bite on 300 to 900 of these guys and see what feelings arise from it.
No, he wasn't booted for getting himself bit. He had a....different view on Germany in the 1940's ;)

Drea

Arachnosquire
No, he wasn't booted for getting himself bit. He had a....different view on Germany in the 1940's ;)

Oh my... yep deserves boot everywhere for that. I can’t even find a rating for that. Sad that someone thinks that way. Like that he got booted, love how you word things... I know!! Lollipop says everything at the same time.

I must say that was so eloquently worded though. :)

I could use a lesson in blunt truth said in a delicate manner.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Oh my... yep deserves boot everywhere for that. I can’t even find a rating for that. Sad that someone thinks that way. Like that he got booted, love how you word things... I know!! Lollipop says everything at the same time.

I must say that was so eloquently worded though. :)

I could use a lesson in blunt truth said in a delicate manner.
Join a lot of 'all ages' forums... :rofl: