Question about Beetles in Scorpion Enclosure

arachnoxious

arachnovelist
Arachnosupporter
Hey guys,
I’ve got about 7 beetles I’m planning on adding to my scorpion enclosure once it finishes drying. I will be adding three blue death feigning beetles, two other different types of death feigning beetles, and two fuzzy darkling beetles. I am aware the blue death feigning beetles will be okay in the enclosure but I wanted other people’s opinions on whether the other four would be okay to live with an Arizona desert hairy scorpion? The enclosure is a 20H tank and I provided plenty of starter burrows for hiding places. Will the amount of beetles in that size tank be okay? And will they stress out my scorpion or vice versa? I’ll provide a picture for reference :)

arachnoxious

arachnovelist
Arachnosupporter
Okay thank you :) I wasn’t going to use the heat lamp, I’m only using it currently for drying my substrate mix. Thank you

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hi,
For the first 2 - 3 evenings you will probably see your scorpion out and about, after that I don,t think you will see much of your scorpion once it realises there are 7 possible predators running around every night. I would think 2 max. 3 per enclosure would be okay as the blue feigning beetles often use the same burrow as the scorpion cleaning up.

Last edited:

arachnoxious

arachnovelist
Arachnosupporter
Hi,
For the first 2 - 3 evenings you will probably see your scorpion out and about, after that I don,t think you will see much of your scorpion once it realises there are 7 possible predators running around every night. I would think 2 max. 3 per enclosure would be okay as the blue feigning beetles often use the same burrow as the scorpion cleaning up.
Hi,
I was hoping to provide the beetles with external food as to prevent them from constantly pestering the scorpion. If they do tho I’ll take them out and put them with my dune scorpion :) thanks for the awesome opinion/feedback