Query

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
In the tools in the post editing window, is there a 'remove all formatting' function? It's a nice tool to have if you, and the mechanics of the board, have made scrambled eggs of your post. It is a pretty common java script.

The Snark

Old Timer
upper right corner of the "more options" window. Not in quick reply.
.... aha. My man, I would respectfully point out at my age and condition damage control kicks in. I have a limited number of brain cells and synapses available. At a guess around 85. I would rather not commit some of that dwindling resource to memorizing obscure kerphlomps on a forum.

And while I am aimlessly chasing the horse around the paddock, what the heck is the reason and purpose in keeping track of
Messages, Trophy Points, Positive ratings received, Neutral ratings received, and Negative ratings received?

Or maybe, looking at it from my perspective:
Messages = No RL life scale OR way too full of superfluous persiflage.
Trophy points. The only use I've ever found for trophys is they are usually really visible when sighting in the 300 mag at 500 yards
Positive ratings received. Hmmm. Not meaning to sound ungrateful but I don't have an insecurity complex and I tend to drift towards a compulsion to strangle when I think of all the *&%#^*^^&$ farcebookers going duhhhhhh LIKE!
Neutral ratings received. If you don't receive a rating you just got a neutral rating!
Negative ratings received. This is really important. Everyone who has ever given me a negative review has been crossed my xmas list and cut out of my will. Unless they were sarcastic, or know me and know my where they can kiss my what knee jerk response, or I can't be bothered to be bothered.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
.... aha. My man, I would respectfully point out at my age and condition damage control kicks in. I have a limited number of brain cells and synapses available. At a guess around 85. I would rather not commit some of that dwindling resource to memorizing obscure kerphlomps on a forum.

And while I am aimlessly chasing the horse around the paddock, what the heck is the reason and purpose in keeping track of
Messages, Trophy Points, Positive ratings received, Neutral ratings received, and Negative ratings received?

Or maybe, looking at it from my perspective:
Messages = No RL life scale OR way too full of superfluous persiflage.
Trophy points. The only use I've ever found for trophys is they are usually really visible when sighting in the 300 mag at 500 yards
Positive ratings received. Hmmm. Not meaning to sound ungrateful but I don't have an insecurity complex and I tend to drift towards a compulsion to strangle when I think of all the *&%#^*^^&$ farcebookers going duhhhhhh LIKE!
Neutral ratings received. If you don't receive a rating you just got a neutral rating!
Negative ratings received. This is really important. Everyone who has ever given me a negative review has been crossed my xmas list and cut out of my will. Unless they were sarcastic, or know me and know my where they can kiss my what knee jerk response, or I can't be bothered to be bothered.
Not all things in life, or on the forums need to have a purpose. I haven't updated certain things yet when it comes to the ratings. Trophies are just there for fun. Have you looked at them? :D

The Snark

Old Timer
Hey Tim, would you check the trophys for me? My gag reflex suppress just isn't what it used to be.