Qeustion regarding Orangehead Roaches and gestation

PapatartCC

Arachnopeon
Hej hej! I'm down to my last orangehead cockroach. It's a she and about 3 weeks ago, she had an abortion so I feel pretty down since I was hoping she would give birth to the live young (She used to live with another male). I'm just wondering if she could start gestating again even without another mate around? She had mated in the past, but after the abortion, I'm just wondering if she could reproduce again alone

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Pretty sure each ooth has to be fertilized, but if she's dropping ooths it's too cold and they'd keep dropping...

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hej hej! I'm down to my last orangehead cockroach. It's a she and about 3 weeks ago, she had an abortion so I feel pretty down since I was hoping she would give birth to the live young (She used to live with another male). I'm just wondering if she could start gestating again even without another mate around? She had mated in the past, but after the abortion, I'm just wondering if she could reproduce again alone
How many did you have die? Are you using a heat mat?
You probably need more to keep it going.

PapatartCC

Arachnopeon
Pretty sure each ooth has to be fertilized, but if she's dropping ooths it's too cold and they'd keep dropping...
Yeah, my enclosure is too open, but I moved her somewhere more humid now and a separate warmer room.

How many did you have die? Are you using a heat mat?
You probably need more to keep it going.
Cannibalization, she used to live with another male. I also never really had a heatmat, but alright, I'll introduce a mate for her, improve her enclosure as well. Thank you!