Pure black pall python?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's a ball python for sale on the link that was posted in this thread that with an asking price of $20,000.. I just couldn't do it!

But a blue eyed leucie Burm would be f'ing AMAZING !!

For the Panda piebald.. are you talkin this..

or

Those this one is listed as an Axanthic piebald

Now I am researching morphs again LOL
It's the first one...the second one is the Axanthic....but both are gorgeous

Cass

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, I would take either lol

I can't believe all the cool morphs that have shown up since the last time I really looked into it lol

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow I was wondering what that white snake with blue eyes was at the show was. Guy was to busy to ask but it was neat. That and the Piebald had my attention and I am not a big boa fan. :drool:
I think youre refferring to the blue eyed lucy?:)

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ball python genetics are very simple. All common base morphs are single genes and are either recessive or co-dominant. Basic high school bio punnett square stuff.
thats funny. use your simple HS genetics to figure out the Platium and higgen gene woma stuff.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats funny. use your simple HS genetics to figure out the Platium and higgen gene woma stuff.
HG Woma is a misnomer. There is no hidden gene. It's a completely different gene from the regular woma. If you've seen enough examples of both the HG woma and the regular woma, it's pretty obvious that they are just different morphs that unfortunately were given a name that confused the issue.

The platinum is likely another gene that is exhibited when in conjunction with a lesser (or other blue eyed leucistic genes). It's still a single gene inherited in a simple Mendelian manner. In this case, it is similar to a recessive gene. The complication comes in that not enough people had done the breedings to prove it.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer

Blue-Eyed Leucistics are gorgeous, aren't they? The last reptile show I went to, a guy was selling two... for about $2,000 each lol. Very lovely! Piebalds are my favourite though :)

This one was all white and had blue eyes. I couldn't stop walking by the table just to get a peak at it. It was one of the prettiest snakes I had ever seen. Wow. 2,000. He wanted $1,100 for this one but I never got a chance to talk to him. He had so many neat things they stayed pretty busy.

I keep thinking man I have to save up and get one but logic kicks in and says, if you're bad about not handling King and Rat snakes why get something that gets the size and power they do. Then I remember why I avoid the boa and python thing. :( I just don't see myself keeping it tamed down.

I had no idea there were so many morphs I spotted 3 off the site I really liked. Now can someone dwarf one for me. LOL. Not much just 4-6' max. :D

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whitewolf - Ball pythons are probably the calmest snakes you could ever find. Colubrids are generally very active when being held. Ball pythons will literally just sit there. I've never been bitten by a ball python and I've been keeping pythons for over 12 years. In fact, burmese pythons, ball pythons and red-tail boas (Colombians) are generally extremely docile snakes. If I kept snakes primarily for handling purposes, I'd choose a ball python or red-tail boa over any other snake.

Oh yeah, ball pythons rarely get bigger than 4 feet. I keep my biggest females in a 41qt sterilite box rack, if that gives you an idea of their size.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
PM sent got my interest now. lol.

Edit. Thanks Jayebe for all the info. I was always reading the wrong python info. Maybe a ball is in my future.

Last edited:

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there is still a black ball python out there, i saw it on snake bites hes the only one who has one.

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the all black morph is becoming common these days. BHB isn't the only one with them.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This one was all white and had blue eyes.

Yup, that's a blue eyed lucy for ya! lol there are also black eyed lucys, if you looked at the colour site.

I keep wanting to save up for a piebald.. until I realize, I have A LOT of things higher up on my list that cost the same.. or even less! LOL

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Look what I found!

An Albino Snapping Turtle:cool:

I want on of these too! An F1 Mclaren!

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know NERD makes hybrids? I don't trust anyone who hybridizes snakes.
NERD does make hybrids, which I also am in huge disagreement with. But when it comes to ball pythons, they are the original breeder of a significant portion of the base morphs and combo morphs. They have combo morphs over there that nobody else even knows how to make. I've heard stories about Kevin hatching things out and not even knowing what genes when into a snake because he's working with so many genes at once. He may make hybrids, but you gotta acknowledge that Kevin McCurley almost single-handedly start the whole ball python craze.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WOW, I knew corn snakes had different morphs, but never knew ball pythons had so many now! And as far as animals that could be black (melanistic), I know squirrels are one, as I have some here that are black instead of gray.

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
NERD does make hybrids, which I also am in huge disagreement with. But when it comes to ball pythons, they are the original breeder of a significant portion of the base morphs and combo morphs. They have combo morphs over there that nobody else even knows how to make. I've heard stories about Kevin hatching things out and not even knowing what genes when into a snake because he's working with so many genes at once. He may make hybrids, but you gotta acknowledge that Kevin McCurley almost single-handedly start the whole ball python craze.
agreed....

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd disagree with the singe-handedly part. They played a major role yes. They have created numerous morph combos as well. But to say the did it almost by themselves seems a bit unfair. There were many and continues to be many working with other morph combos that are contributing to the "craze".

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd disagree with the singe-handedly part. They played a major role yes. They have created numerous morph combos as well. But to say the did it almost by themselves seems a bit unfair. There were many and continues to be many working with other morph combos that are contributing to the "craze".
get kevin's book and read the forward by RDR.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
get kevin's book and read the forward by RDR.
Sorry, don't care enough to. Plus, a foreword in the Kevin's book may be a biased source. Either way if people want to accredit the ball python market to one person so be it. It won't change my day at all. If they think that there were and are still numerous breeders feeding the morph frenzied enthusiasts, that works too. Personally I haven't kept a ball python in over 10 years and I don't see it changing anytime in the near future. Kevin and the guys at NERD have produced many beautiful morphs, but they just aren't my thing. I just get skeptical when I see a hasty generalization like that. It would seem that Bob Clark, Mike Wilbanks, Dave and Tracey from VPI, the Dan and Colette Sutherland, and even Jay from Prehistoric may have even played a role as well. It is just out of fairness I find it hard to give credit to a lone source but really it doesn't matter. I don't want this to turn into an all to common forum battle. If you think NERD did it all by themselves than that is okay. If I think a number of breeders were involved....who cares?

Last edited:

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Alotta Herpetoculturists contributed over yrs.

Most helpful are the contributers outside USA.......Duh - Or we wouldn't even have'em.............Just gave away Barkers book{signed}.....But, I did buy a male c.b. baby who's dad was Albino.......1 week old{cute] for $10..........Last week!:p

JJ

Last edited: