Pulling sac...........?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fingers only count if you are trying to make up for another short coming. {D
What a waste of tea tonight! {D{D{D I'm going to be feeling my abdominals the next morning for sure.

..gotta know how to use it, too.

sinflspeed

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At least it's not a mentally absent question like "How often can I handle my chilean rose hair?".

I pulled my P. striata sack at 25 days. I had 1 bad egg. The other 175-200 (I have not counted them) are progressing nicely. At 25 days, they were all Eggs with Legs.
Not bad for an old male! Eitherway good thing I sent you two.

The 3rd male went to my small female. I pulled the sac at day 28 and had eggs with legs.

I don't think there is a set day it all comes down to your own patients and comfort level of care. If you can handle incubating a sac before the eggs with legs stage have at it. If not, wait 25-30 days and let her do all the work.

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And if the OP were to leave the sac to hatch with mommy, how long would it take for the slings to emerge? Slings emerge at second instar, right? :confused:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
And if the OP were to leave the sac to hatch with mommy, how long would it take for the slings to emerge? Slings emerge at second instar, right? :confused:
No they typically will hatch out at 1st instar and remain clustered together until they molt again to 2nd instar. Even after the 2nd instar molt they will stay together a bit longer but then they disperse. As for the time frame........there is a lot factoring into that but I'd guess 60-80 days ish.