Pull the trigger on P. Subfusca?

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
I've been debating on what to get as my 10th tarantula for awhile now, and I'm really leaning towards a P. Subfusca. I already have an Ornata and Rufilata, both of which I love, and with the restrictions coming to this species I'm leaning towards getting one before they go into effect (very soon I know). I just wanted to hear about your guys experience with them and if you like them. Right now I'm leaning towards the highland as I like how the carapace pattern is more prominent and the yellow chevrons stand out more from what I've noticed. What other tarantulas besides a P. Subfusca do you really like as well? I'm trying to keep my collection to a modest size as I am a college student so don't have endless amounts of room (What I already have is listed on my profile).

PS Anybody notice the chevrons on Psalmos compared to the ones found on Pokies? I guess I never knew how similar they are until I started keeping my Pokies this year

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
All the poecs are awesome man, you cant go wrong with any of them. The lowland subfusca are said to be the larger of the two, judging from what you have already...I get the feeling size matters for you.

Another must have would be P.regalis, such gorgeous spiders.

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Go for it!

It sounds like you have a love for this particular species of T. Might as well get them while it's still possible, or you may end up regretting it later down the road.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
I vote yes. I myself have a HL coming in probably on Tuesday. :D
Personally, my P. vittata (one of the others to be covered under the ESA) has been one of my favorites, so I would say you might want to look into eventually getting one of those as well (but any pokie is worth it imo).

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
Well I'm pulling the trigger! Going to try and get a highland, just have to see if there's enough slings and if it's good enough to ship. If not then I'll still end up buying a lowland form, these guys are just too awesome to pass up and who knows with these new laws how popular and unpopular they may become. Even though the lowlands get bigger, I think that the pattern is more striking on the highland so that's my first choice.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I looove the pattern on the lowlands! So gorgeous.

We just got a highland sling in a trade... excited for the little one to grow up!

I'm glad you decided to go for it :D