Species Pterinochilus lugardi

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Well,

:eek: This is gonna spice up the evening! :eek:

I snapped some pics of my beauties today!

Pterinochilus lugardi (Dodoma or Fort Hall Baboon) Female 5"

Pterinochilus murinus (OBT or Usambara Orange Baboon) Female 5"

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just one question. How the hell did you get them to stop? lmao If I were to try that, mine would be halfway across the room and still moving at Mach5.

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now there's something you don't see everyday. My OBT would be snacking on my thumb if I was to try that.

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Told you those two weren't complete demons, Chris. That lugardi was a sweetheart when I was packing her up. The murinus did hiss at me once but really wasn't extremely defensive beyond that.

It's still not recommended to handle either species folks as they are generally considered (rather) defensive, particularly P. murinus. Once out of their enclosure or familiar territory, they can be somewhat calm.

Gary

Serasha

Arachnopeon
Sorry about the video quality, first time videographer.

This is me pissing off my P. lugardi. He comes close to climbing my utensil. Yes, I squealed. What can I say? He scares me.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmDFg9FJHqc[/YOUTUBE]

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Here, let me get that for ya.
[YOUTUBE]xmDFg9FJHqc[/YOUTUBE]

Also, why did you have to piss off your P. lugardi?

Serasha

Arachnopeon
Thanks, I can't figure out how to embed a video.

I had to transport him so thought I'd video him in the process.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
poor T didn't know what to do to defend himself. He really jumps well, though!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So your keeping a burrowing T on wood chips....and you piss it off just for the purpose of getting a video of it....

First off, get that T on some coco fiber or peat moss. Wood chips are sucky to use as substrate because they dont allow for burrowing, among other reasons.

Also, since your fairly new here, I think I should tell you that if you come on here showing everybody how badly you can piss of your tarantula, your going to get flamed. Your just making yourself look foolish. This is a forum for people who keep Ts for the pleasure, not to look cool by making it attack something.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

I think that is appropriate.

I feel so sorry for that poor spider :(

First off - Get atleast 5" of substrate, PROPER substrate, into that enclosure so she can make herself a comfortable home.

Secondly - Leave her the hell alone. She's confused and out in the open, and poking her with random crap is akin to animal cruelty in my book - if the way you're keeping her, wasn't grounds enough to call it such to begin with :wall:

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
hmmm... a good substrate like coco peat would probably destress your T.
I'm hope thats the reason why you're transporting him/her.
Good luck!

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
hmm "lets piss off this spider RIGHT before transporting it..." seems like a good idea...
lol Good looking T tho... liking the butt face. haha