Pterinochilus lapalala Questions

sloth

Arachnoknight
Did the seller produce them? I'm just curious who has the good stuff in this state :rofl:
To be honest, I’m not completely sure. Normally he buys stuff from other sellers so I’m guessing not but only he knows.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
To be honest, I’m not completely sure. Normally he buys stuff from other sellers so I’m guessing not but only he knows.
You didn't verify the origin of the spider before purchasing it? o_O Especially with something like this species, that isn't really common. But, I don't buy from dealers.

You'll have to post photos when yours arrives!

sloth

Arachnoknight
You didn't verify the origin of the spider before purchasing it? o_O Especially with something like this species, that isn't really common. But, I don't buy from dealers.

I’ve bought from him countless times. He’s never sold me anything he didn’t label it to be.

Last edited:

sloth

Arachnoknight

He said he got them from an importer that gets them from Europe. Here’s the only pic I have. He was too fast when I rehoused him to a smaller deli cup and he ran directly under the corkbark.

Attachments

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
OK,this is not a big frigging deal..i bought mine from Jamies Tarantulas.
You can say who you purchased it from,as long as you don't endorse them.
Crap,just say already.:rolleyes:.

sloth

Arachnoknight
OK,this is not a big frigging deal..i bought mine from Jamies Tarantulas.
You can say who you purchased it from,as long as you don't endorse them.
Crap,just say already.:rolleyes:.
:rofl: I’m not going to mention who I got it from. Sorry

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
mention who I got it from. Sorry
WHY????.are you ashamed...was it illegal??…

After all this time keeping T,s.i got no problem saying where I got them,what i payed for them,or any other questions.Man,it is a big secret.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
He said he got them from an importer that gets them from Europe. Here’s the only pic I have. He was too fast when I rehoused him to a smaller deli cup and he ran directly under the corkbark.
Oh, then I don't need to know who your middle man is because I buy directly from the importer (and yeah, I know exactly who it is... there aren't many, and it isn't hard to put two and two together ;))

:rofl: I’m not going to mention who I got it from. Sorry
There is literally no reason not to, but like I said... I don't need to know anyways. I don't know if you think you're cool or special for keeping it a secret, but... that isn't how it works :rofl:

sloth

Arachnoknight
Oh, then I don't need to know who your middle man is because I buy directly from the importer (and yeah, I know exactly who it is... there aren't many, and it isn't hard to put two and two together ;))

There is literally no reason not to, but like I said... I don't need to know anyways. I don't know if you think you're cool or special for keeping it a secret, but... that isn't how it works :rofl:
I don’t think I’m cool. I just for some reason don’t feel comfortable sharing that for all the world to see.
WHY????.are you ashamed...was it illegal??…

After all this time keeping T,s.i got no problem saying where I got them,what i payed for them,or any other questions.Man,it is a big secret.:rolleyes:
I assure you it wasn’t illegal. Because everyone wants to know where I got it from, I got it from Jurassic Pet Supplies.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Huh. There is such thing as internet peer pressure. Who knew lol. No one should have to feel pressured on this board to provide a source or supplier. T's give hundreds or thousands of off-spring, just one breeding could supply multiple suppliers for a particular species.

Really, folks are on this board from around the world, and if somebody has a T that breeds, well great, they make them available. It doesn't matter where you buy things from as long as you're happy as a hobbiest.

I just got mine a little while ago, spunky fast little sling so far.

sloth

Arachnoknight
@mack1855 I got the sling on Friday. He’s only around .5 inch in length. I’m worried a water dish would be too big for him. Would he be fine with a water dish? Critique on enclosure? I’ve had him for 2 days and he hasn’t webbed at all. Is this normal? I prekilled a mall cricket, and put in by the entrance of his hide. He dragged it under but hasn’t eaten it. D26B44FF-60B3-4FF7-80A7-D0437163669F.jpeg EEA23A21-657C-4FC0-9EAB-B2071496D9CB.jpeg

sloth

Arachnoknight
I would try to get a picture of him but he’s super bolty and I don’t want him to escape.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
@sloth ,that setup looks fine.As far as water dish,at this size I would use an eye
dropper,and dribble water on one side of the enclosure,once a week.As these
are from South Africa,dry is better than wet.
And if the sling dragged the cricket into the hide,its eating it,but im sure you know this
already.
On a side note.since you and I got our T,s from different sources,i wonder if they came from a
common sac,i.e. sacmates?Or if they are different gene pools.
Or just a big sac,and slings were sold to different sellers.
And,as far as webbing,mine stayed hidden for several weeks before any webbing showed up.
And,as I recall,it showed up like overnight.

sloth

Arachnoknight
@sloth ,that setup looks fine.As far as water dish,at this size I would use an eye
dropper,and dribble water on one side of the enclosure,once a week.As these
are from South Africa,dry is better than wet.
And if the sling dragged the cricket into the hide,its eating it,but im sure you know this
already.
On a side note.since you and I got our T,s from different sources,i wonder if they came from a
common sac,i.e. sacmates?Or if they are different gene pools.
Or just a big sac,and slings were sold to different sellers.
And,as far as webbing,mine stayed hidden for several weeks before any webbing showed up.
And,as I recall,it showed up like overnight.
Ok cool. Thanks for answering my questions! I knew I must’ve just been over worrying. I was going to do a super light mist on one little area of the enclosure for drinking water. That should be fine right? Thanks again!

Theneil

Arachnoprince
The only thing which is odd is that his sale price was more than that (i could be wrong i suppose), and IIRC he wasn’t willing to discount multiples due to limited quantity (30 or so) Then again i might be thinking of one of the other species...?

Either way i feel like i should include with the slings i’ll be sending him, a mean and nasty letter of complaint for over charging me. :angelic:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The only thing which is odd is that his sale price was more than that (i could be wrong i suppose), and IIRC he wasn’t willing to discount multiples due to limited quantity (30 or so) Then again i might be thinking of one of the other species...?

Either way i feel like i should include with the slings i’ll be sending him, a mean and nasty letter of complaint for over charging me. :angelic:
I looked back at my pricelists, and you are correct :bored: I was the one thinking of a different species that was cheaper!

It is so easy for a dealer to say, "Oh, I got them from this dude who imports" and suddenly they are off the hook when it comes to providing any information about the origin of the spider.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I looked back at my pricelists, and you are correct :bored: I was the one thinking of a different species that was cheaper!

It is so easy for a dealer to say, "Oh, I got them from this dude who imports" and suddenly they are off the hook when it comes to providing any information about the origin of the spider.
Maybe they weren't selling fast enough so he cut the cost? Hes done it a couple times with other species so it wouldn’t surprise me too much. He seems to like receiving never ending messages and countless hours of packing and unpacking underpriced spoods. LOL

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
DSCN1124.JPG @sloth ,did you get your Pterinochilus lapalala??
Wonder how its going if you did get your sling.
I finally got a few lame pictures,but what the heck.Better than the lame empty,
web covered enclosure. DSCN1125.JPG DSCN1125.JPG DSCN1125.JPG
Somehow I missed that you did get a sling.Anyway,just wondering out load
on AB.Hows it going with it.

Last edited:

sloth

Arachnoknight
@mack1855 i did!! It’s been going well. Right now is only around 1/2” in length. Once it found its hide, I haven’t seen it. So I have no pictures. It’ll come out at night so I may be able to snap a decent pic within the next few days.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Another chance to grab a pic,so bad I know,but any chance with these animals I do it!. DSCN1141.JPG