Species Pterinochilus chordatus

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They sure do, You should hear her hissing. When she's angry, she'll make sure you know it!

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thats very pretty. :)
question for you, I thought about getting these specie, do they in general stays out in the open? or is yours is just the exception?

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

normally P. chordatus is like the most other harpactirinae burrower. They live in deep tubes.

I keep my females in 20cmx20cmx20cm boxes with about 15cm soil. They made a tube deep to the ground and sitting in the tube or on that entrance. (some specimen dont burrow at all and sitting just on the soil - but that is not "normal")

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think mine is the exception because they are supposed to be burrowers that live in densely webbed tubes. Mine chose to just go with the dense webbing and no burrow.

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i have a P.chordatus Joe1968,,she has a burrow...some times they dont burrow becouse they dont have something to iniciate it..live a piece of bark or an inclind rock....mine is in a premolt....she webed the tunnel entrace with a thick webbing

Aaron

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I love this sp. too!

I have two of them myself..both being females.

I didn't get a chance to get the darker ones.

They are your typical baboon T form Africa as far as aggression....but I notice one thing about all my African baboon sp., they don't eat allot like other T's that I have.

It seems that my 2 Pterinochilus lugardi and 2 Pterinochilus chordatus eat allot less then my 5 Pterinochilus murinus.

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just thought i'd share a few pictures with you all of my P.Chordatus. This is the first time ive uploaded pictures of my T's so the pictures might not be any good, also i was using a webcam so again they might ne be any good. Oh well... Here they are...

Attachments

Last edited:

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Like i said probably not the best pictures, lol, but me being how crap i am on computers i think i deserve a :clap: lol

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey atleast they are better than my old pictures:D(I recently got a new camera though so be prepared!). By the way is that the dark color form? I believe I have two slings of the "mustard" color form, one from swiftinverts and the other from southernspiderworks.

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
na it aint the dark colour form, i was 2 scared 2 take the lid off cuz its fast and bites at anything! ill take lid off now and take a pic :} i blame u if it bites me!!! lol

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK heres another pic, the webcam for some reason doesnt really pick up much detail when it comes to colour, ill try n play with the settings. You have no idea how much i was shaking while getting this close to my most aggressive T! :(

Attachments

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks! I'll have to get some pictures of my slings later, mine are dark looking right now but were labled as mustard color form, they are probably dark because they are just slings? Do they get real defensive like an Obt? My slings are pretty much push overs right now. I have no trouble getting them on my hand and just sitting there. with no defense poses. But then again they are just slings ;)

Last edited:

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
Thanks! I'll have to get some pictures of my slings later, mine a dark now but were labled as mustard color form. Do they get real defensive like an Obt. My slings are pretty much push overs right now. I have no trouble getting them on my hand and just sitting there. with no defense poses. But then again they are just slings ;)

well so far mines the most defensive T i've owned and ive looked after obt's and had a cobalt but this thing is just mean! mine is kinda like a pale'ish yellow'y sorta colour

phil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pix, it took me ages to get the hang of my camera, I would guess you have a normal colour form there, here's normal and light form pics to show difference.

Pterinochilus chordatus (light form)

Pterinochilus chordatus (typical form)

Last edited:

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very cool Phil! what do you think mustard may be reffering to? The light color form?

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ye then mustard will probably be the light colour form. yes thats the colour ive got the normal one

phil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
Very cool Phil! what do you think mustard may be reffering to? The light color form?
I think if i remember correctly mustard may have been the common name for Pterinochilus sjostedti now known as P,chordatus normal or typical colour form.

patotxiki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello,this is my Pterinochilus chordatus female and spiderlings.Greetings.

Last edited: