1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pseudoscorpions

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Scorpling03, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Scorpling03

Scorpling03 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Anyone keep pseudoscorpions in Canada? Thanks

2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

3. Scorpling03

Scorpling03 Arachnopeon

4. wizentrop

wizentrop to the rescue! Old Timer

I don't keep them or know anyone who does, but they are fairly common under tree bark in Ontario forests especially during the winter because they hibernate. I have a plan to go out and find some soon because I want to photograph them for an upcoming project.

5. Scorpling03

Scorpling03 Arachnopeon

Oh awsome! Even during the snow and stuff? Ill hav to go find some! I thought it would be to late lol. Any specific bark they like? Thanks

6. wizentrop

wizentrop to the rescue! Old Timer

The loose bark protects them from snow and frost. I find them in fallen oak and beech logs, but they probably occupy other trees.

7. Scorpling03

Scorpling03 Arachnopeon

Awsome thanks! Are they fairly easy to spot?

8. StampFan

StampFan Arachnobaron Active Member

Calgary
    Someone breed some and send one to me please!

9. Scorpling03

Scorpling03 Arachnopeon

If i get some, right to you haha

10. Scorpling03

Scorpling03 Arachnopeon

So i peeled back the bark in some old tree stumps and didnt come across anything. The bark was somewhat frozen, do they stay in the frozen parts? Thanks all

11. Scorpling03

Scorpling03 Arachnopeon

Alright we had a thaw so i went and peeled bark off all kinds of dead trees and stumps... i found spiders, mites, springtails, beetles, grubs, centipedes, etc. Just about everything except pseudoscorpions! Any ideas? There are only really maple and cedar trees around here