Genus Psalmopoeus

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
if you keep P cambridgei keep irminia the same way you will have no problems i keep all my (psalmos) the same.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Freshly moulted P. irminia (i believe it is a female, but the molt was destroyed so I can't be too certain).

Mori

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I absolutly LOVE this family! Hard to get a good pic sometimes though cause mine are so darn shy!!!! I sometimes get to enjoy a leg or a flash of colour here and there but other than that no bold appearances :)
-Arachnomaniak-

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I thought I had these pics in this thread before, but noticed I didn't.

Female Psalmopoeus irminia
I'm incubating an eggsac from this girl now.

Female Psalmopoeus cambridgei.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
freshly molted female P irminia 4.5", this is the same P irminia that is pictured in the first post of this thread, she came this far in a little under 8 months, not bad.

Attachments

reptimike

Arachnopeon
very very nice pictures love the family far more than others :clap:
Have recently bought 5 slings from the p.irminia and haven't been diapointed for 1 moment on .
Mine do dig a lot for spiderlings normal for a tree dwelling specie's ??
but hey i see them pretty often on the move :)

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
all awsome looking T's :clap:

Psalmopoeus = pokies? :8o

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
all of you congratulation u all have great tarantulas....i ve been searching on this tarantula couse i want one too...hehe most i like is the P.irimia....but i would not bother having others.....maybe someday i will post my picture hehe.

Aaron

Bellis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pokie = Poecilotheria

Beautiful pics, everybody! I absolutely love this genus :D

evil_educator

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
does all psalmopoeus specie web like crazy? Mine is currently around 2" and it sure webs like crazy. I can't even find it. Can i prevent them from webbing like crazy?

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my favorite genera. Suntigers are cool. I really like the contrast of black and orange.
Nice T's guys

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
evil_educator said:
does all psalmopoeus specie web like crazy? Mine is currently around 2" and it sure webs like crazy. I can't even find it. Can i prevent them from webbing like crazy?
I would say that you can't. I've got one that hasn't webbed that much, but she's only been in her new home for a short time. She is mostly hidden by corkbark anyway. The Psalm's I have hide all the time. Heck, my P. irmina got named "Legs". It's all I usually see if it.

reptimike

Arachnopeon
Schlyne said:
I would say that you can't. I've got one that hasn't webbed that much, but she's only been in her new home for a short time. She is mostly hidden by corkbark anyway. The Psalm's I have hide all the time. Heck, my P. irmina got named "Legs". It's all I usually see if it.

My 5 slings didn't web so far they burried themselfs and 1 sling is a real runner and i see him all the time the other are like legs ..
but what the heck if they do fine i let them :D

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
there are some irimia with a stuning orange markings while others are more faded...is this becouse they had recantly moulted?..

Aaron

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi
what big is P irminia?? I anywhere didn t find informatoins.
Thank you

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just what I could ask for ...a thread devoted to psalmos!!!I am quite intrigued by them as they are so different (temperment-wise) than all my other tarantulas. I couldn't imagine how fast they were until I had my own trio... My first encounter with my Ps irminia was her teleporting ;P from her tank to the top of an open window...so I've been hands off ever since. I'm just glad I have now devised a system to keep her contained while I clean the tank. I often get to look at the sheer beauty of the Ps cambridgei as she is always visible.

Really beautiful pictures. I noticed some on ppl's hands...how many of you actually can handle your psalmos??? (Please no wandering off topic to discuss the handling issue, it's just a question in response to a photo)..

I also read in other thread how psalmos burrow as well...Can anyone elaborate?

Attachments

Last edited:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P. cambridgei mating

Here are a couple pictures from today's mating of Psalmopoeus cambridgei.

The male is on loan from Goliath (Mike).

He got a solid insertion, then she tried her best to nail him but I got him out safe... he'll have a date with my other female in a few days.