Species Psalmopoeus irminia

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia (aka Flash)

In the 3 months I have had this T, I've maybe seen a full view for a total of 5 seconds. Everytime I tried to get a good look it would dive into it's 'tunnel'. SO, when I was finally able to get an actual picture I just had to share....

Of course this guy is darn fast that if it had decided to bolt up and out while I was focusing it would have been the beginning of a long night of hunting.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a 6" Psalmopoeus cambridgei and a 5" Psalmopoeus pulcher and their both the same way, fast and shy. My Psalmopoeus irminia is still a sling but I'm sure it will be the same. Your tarantula looks great, keep the pictures coming.:)

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Pretty juvie irminia!

She is 9 days post molt here! I love these beauties.

Last edited:

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
And the best one...

Last edited:

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, that is one excellent looking spider. And it even has some green on it - I'm sold! When I'm reading to take on some more "grown up" Old Worlders, that is.

*rewrites wish list again*

a. versicolor
a. braunshauseni
p. irminia

Three Ts, that's not so bad...

Greensleeves

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
P. Irminia is definately one of the nicest looking T's out there. I have a little one growing up now and I have a mature male. Great Pics... these guys are fast as lighting... and my mature male is absolutely mean! But wasnt until he matured.

peace

TheDon

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
and my mature male is absolutely mean! But wasnt until he matured.
Thanks for the warning! This one is fast when she gets spooked...she'll shoot up my arm and jump.
As far as temperament goes...you can literally reach into her enclosure and scoop her up with your fingers...or at least "herd" her into the direction you want her to go. (not that I would advise this. I am sometimes foolish...or so I've been told lately.)
I'll watch for those behavior changes!

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Droooooooooool. I have a cute little 2 in one that LOVES to spary me with her crap ;)

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my rosie loves to poop on me. drives me crazy. that is a pretty good lookin t you got there.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pic and good job getting it to be still for ya.

Phil

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by greensleeves
I'm sold! When I'm reading to take on some more "grown up" Old Worlders, that is.

Actually Psalmopeus are new world. P. irminia's common name is "Venezuelan Sun Tiger". ;)

They are one of the very few n/w species without urticating setae though.

Atrax

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's my little Tigger!!

Hi all - I love these babies, too!! I have had Tigger since a tiny spiderling ... got her/him (OH, I hope for a HER!!) at Glades Herp last spring when I was in FL. Isn't she gorgeous?!?!?! I adore her to pieces!!

Attachments

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Here's my little Tigger!!

Originally posted by Ssspidermom
Hi all - I love these babies, too!! I have had Tigger since a tiny spiderling ... got her/him (OH, I hope for a HER!!) at Glades Herp last spring when I was in FL. Isn't she gorgeous?!?!?! I adore her to pieces!!
Awwww. It is gorgeous!

Jon

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Looks like I just found one for my want-list. After I've mailed off all my males for breeding, that is. Somehow five babies I got all at once are ALL male :p

-Bryan

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
P.Irminia appreciation thread

I thought there was already one... well let's start from slings and you guys can add pix of larger speciments.... :D

Attachments

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Same spider, 2 months and 1 moult later. Fast little bugger, ran all across my desk before I could put it back into its enclosure :).

Dennis

Attachments