Species Psalmopoeus cambridgei

iMazar

Arachnosquire
I finally got acouple pictures today i had to change the wood to a rock water bowl for a hide because the wood was getting mold.. anyways here the little guy is Also This is the one that almost got away from me when i was unboxing him LOL

I know their basically all the same picture but i didnt want to take the chance to try and make him move because this little guy is SUPER fast and jumps

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
What are you going to call it when it has regenerated its missing leg? :D

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Finally a little more in view, even though he is wet from falling in the waterdish, again.
At least one and a half years mature, still searching for his SO...
His abdomen is smaller than his carapace, around the size of a pea, but not shriveled, surprisingly. Eats once a month but drinks often, even though that last part isn't always voluntarily, but from falling in the waterdish because his footpads are wearing thin.
Will threatposture when disturbed, so there is still a lot of spunk left in the guy! IMG_20161103_203529.jpg IMG_20161103_203547.jpg IMG_20161103_203602.jpg

Leila

Arachnobaron
Argh, I am waiting for my P. ecclesiasticus to toss her exuvium out of her web tunnel. I can see the darn thing in there... :jimlad:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
3" girl carrying her molt around. Seems she can't find the perfect place to dump it.
I love the way they keep their enclosures nice and clean, not tidy I must add, but the way mine always leave boluses in the same place every single time is fascinating, always cleaning themselves - the way they're so gentle pulling their legs through the fangs and then the ability to change in an instance,
then bam the prey has had it.

SchubertHelm

Arachnosquire
Argh, I am waiting for my P. ecclesiasticus to toss her exuvium out of her web tunnel. I can see the darn thing in there... :jimlad:
Had the same problem. Lol I'm always tempted to remove it myself. She molted about 2 weeks ago and seemed content just hanging out in her sphagnum moss fort until a mealworm I dropped inside her hide encouraged her to bring out the molt with the bolus.

SchubertHelm

Arachnosquire
I love the way they keep their enclosures nice and clean, not tidy I must add, but the way mine always leave boluses in the same place every single time is fascinating, always cleaning themselves - the way they're so gentle pulling their legs through the fangs and then the ability to change in an instance,
then bam the prey has had it.
Me too. The innate routine of keeping their burrows/hides/themselves clean really surprised me when I first got tarantulas. I thought they would be filthy like other bugs I kept as a kid.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Had the same problem. Lol I'm always tempted to remove it myself.
I was close to attempting a removal of the exuvium yesterday when I first spotted it. But then I remembered how flippin fast she is...and I decided to leave her alone. The last thing I need is for her to teleport out of her tunnel and out into the room. :eek::eek:

SchubertHelm

Arachnosquire
I was close to attempting a removal of the exuvium yesterday when I first spotted it. But then I remembered how flippin fast she is...and I decided to leave her alone. The last thing I need is for her to teleport out of her tunnel and out into the room. :eek::eek:
Aside from their beauty I also bought a few Psalmo's as a transitional genus so I could get use to fast and bite prone new world spiders before getting into the old worlds. I'm very cautious when transferring or doing maintenance too. The last thing I need is a confrontation between one of my spiders and my inquisitive four legged feline. She's fat enough as is and doesn't need any more treats, especially one that costs sixty dollars.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
3" girl carrying her molt around. Seems she can't find the perfect place to dump it.
View attachment 246995
I moved my P.cam girl into a new enclosure and fed her. When she was ready to get rid of the boluse she went all around the enclosure till she found the spot farthest from her cork hide and dropped it there. After that, she always puts her trash there. It was pretty fun to watch her walking about with that boluse in her fangs looking for a good trash spot.

SchubertHelm

Arachnosquire
I moved my P.cam girl into a new enclosure and fed her. When she was ready to get rid of the boluse she went all around the enclosure till she found the spot farthest from her cork hide and dropped it there. After that, she always puts her trash there. It was pretty fun to watch her walking about with that boluse in her fangs looking for a good trash spot.
Mine settled on the water bowl :rage: