Species Psalmopoeus cambridgei

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i love this Sp i really want a cambridgei, in the irminia it doest matter if its male or female, lol theyre both cool

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
congrats on a beautiful girl! cambridgei are a bit underrated i think..but they are great ts. i can only hope mine is a girl. my irminia turned out to be one :D psalmopoeus is probably my favorite genus

Potemkin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mmmmm I've got one of these, and she's currently my favorite! Simply astoundingly beautiful. Did I get lucky, or is your's out all the time as well? I don't think I've ever seen her hide, after she got settled in!

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Potemkin said:
Did I get lucky, or is your's out all the time as well? I don't think I've ever seen her hide, after she got settled in!
Out of all the psalmo's in the hobby cambridgei is the most likely to stay out in the open from my observation of this Genus, both irminia and pulcher seem to like to stay hidden more and as for reduncus? I only have 2 and been around 1 other so not much to go on there... Greg

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
Out of all the psalmo's in the hobby cambridgei is the most likely to stay out in the open from my observation of this Genus, both irminia and pulcher seem to like to stay hidden more and as for reduncus?
thats how it is at my house. my cambridgei is almost always hanging out in full visability, unless i distrub the container, or possibly the table it is on. where as my irminia is always in its hide, until the lights have been dim or off for a little bit...then it comes out to the entrance or a little passed it fairly regularly. not sure about pulcher and reduncus, but i want to get them all so i'll find out one of these days.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have an irminia female also and i never see her,like u say cambridgei seems to stay out in the open alot,mine aint easily disturbed too.I agree with these being an underrated T.beautiful spiders, 1 of my faves.No more pics at the moment sorry.Il try wen she tans up.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
Out of all the psalmo's in the hobby cambridgei is the most likely to stay out in the open from my observation of this Genus, both irminia and pulcher seem to like to stay hidden more and as for reduncus? I only have 2 and been around 1 other so not much to go on there... Greg

I aprove that

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my irmirnia is out all the time.i gotta put her in a new house soon and it should be fun

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good day all,

This big girl graced us with her presence today :)

Camberwell

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
shes beautiful! cambridgei is possibly my favorite species...can't wait till mine grows up :D what is the legspan?

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Absolutely beautiful, Camberwell. I agree Brian, one of my personal favs as well.

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I'm not 100% sure on the legspan, but she's gotta be getting on for 7"

She's so velvety, and the old skin is really soft, makes you wanna stroke her, lol :)

Camberwell

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesomely Beautiful T , can't wait for mine to get that size,,,, right now mine is at that 4 to 4.5 inch mark already a beauty though...

Cmendel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My first T, a beautiful 2.5" P.Cambrigei:drool:(Thanks Botar) It came this morning about 8:30, 2 hours early.. =]

I couldn't have been more exited, I let it crawl out of the vial into my hand, where it gently then crawled into it's encloser. It moved around a bit, it's now resting on a nice spot of the bark.
He/she's name for now is Boss.

This is my favorite pic, caught her in action ;)

Last edited:

Binky/Carol

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know what you mean. I got a pair of them and Sarge was sooo tiny when I first got him a few weeks ago.
Now he is huge in comparison. I swear he must have molted twice since getting him.
Not as big as yours. But just love the coloring they have.
Congrats!!
Carol

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so what with the pics? i'm thinking of getting one of those and reasons to ;)

Cmendel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry for all the pic's being of the same spider, but it is my first T.

I was excited ;P

Anyway can anyone tell what sex it is from these pictures? I'm clueless on how to find out really, thanks in advanced :worship: