Species Psalmopoeus cambridgei

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW! :eek: now that's a big Psalmopoeus Cambridgei :worship: I can't wait until mine molts again.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
yeah she looks huge, congrats on the molt and on a really really green T, you should call it hulk :D ....

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
My "crabbycakes". Got her last week when my friend loaded up the motor home to move out of state. He gave me 3 Ts, and this little 6" beauty is a real tiger!!

Last edited:

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:drool: That is a nice Psalmopoeus Cambridgei. Congratulations :clap:

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OOO theire spiders are very nice.
My iz very sily . Last night I went to the my room and pick up the lamp. She boggled. She sit on the her treepeel. When i pick up the lamp she run forbear the treepeel. She clap whit her legs as nerve-case. She w :D {D as very funny. :D {D

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update: Grace just molted last night and she's huge now. I'll post new pics as soon as she emerges from her molting tent.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Question: My cambridgei came to me in the oddest habitation. She is IN a burrow at the bottom of something less than an aboreal setup. I would say she has dug 4" down. This weekend I am going to rehouse her in an aboreal abode.

So. My single encounter with her was nonthreatening. I hear they are fast and maybe aggressive. Any ideas? This animal calmly allowed me to clean out her cage. She even seemed to enter the spirit by bringing out her garbage! :clap:

She is reclusive. Any ideas on to chase her out? :?

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
bagheera said:
Question: My cambridgei came to me in the oddest habitation. She is IN a burrow at the bottom of something less than an aboreal setup. I would say she has dug 4" down. This weekend I am going to rehouse her in an aboreal abode.

So. My single encounter with her was nonthreatening. I hear they are fast and maybe aggressive. Any ideas? This animal calmly allowed me to clean out her cage. She even seemed to enter the spirit by bringing out her garbage! :clap:

She is reclusive. Any ideas on to chase her out? :?
How big is her current container? The reason I'm asking is: All of my arboreal T's are inside 32 oz tall clear cups with lids. When I am rehousing them I find a larger and taller container and then I set the current container inside the bigger container with the lid open and wait for my T to crawl out on its own.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Unfortunately I cannot do that. She is in a quarter section of a 10 gallon tank with a common cover.

Two other sectors contain a P pulcher and a P irminia, all three are full grown and similarly situated. I really want to get them out of this stupid arrangement!

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got this new T last Thursday and had a chance to test my family's new camera. Attached here be the pic-s of Angustia (Spanish for She Who Brings Anguish, I think). She is a pretty fast aggressive lady.
Note that on the 1st pic (which is last in time sequence), the cricket's head is torn off (yeah, I know, that's hard to see). Later, Angie ate the head and thorax of Mr. Cricket and cocooned the rest to the wall of the container. After the night passed, not a trace of Mr. Cricket remained. She's a widowmaker :} .

Attachments

Last edited:

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
More!

Not that anyone appears to care :confused: :rolleyes:
but here are more pic-s:

1) Her fangs right after she grabs the first heedless intruder.
2) Even though it is not obvious from the pic, Angie is clutching yet another careless cricket in her embrace of doom.
3) Angustia's beautful irridiscent feet - she is sitting in her "quarter of a peat moss cone" enclosure that is supported by web.
4) Terrarium landscape pic - one can see the chevron marks on Angie.

Attachments

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are some shots of my adult female Psalmopeous cambridgei:

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Beautiful! :clap: P. cambridgei is on my wish list. Glad to see what I have to look forward to some day when I have a bigger place (and am allowed to get more spiders...I've been capped at 30 because there is no more room :mad: ). But she is lovely and those are some great close-ups!

Karen

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got the moult i been waiting for and now its confirmed,shes a she alright!!!:D

Icey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She's beautiful, congrats on her being a her

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice looking T. Congrats on it being female.