Protectyaaaneck's picture thread

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Jan, your timeline is off. If you read the paper that describes the species, you would see they have material dated from 1971 and also two males from 1993. That paper was published in 2011. Years before 2011 there were photos and videos of them from Brazilian hobbyists, which many thought were fake and some sort of Lasiodora photoshopped. So when do you think they were "discovered"?
Nice Avicularia Jason! See you in a few weeks. :)
I know they had material from years back, Chad. But it wasn't until after said paper was released that certain people went to go after them from what I recon. Guess I worded that wrong before.

Also, beautiful minatrix and sp. "Columbia", Jason! Seems to me the only difference between purpurea and those is the tine patch of metallic reddish satae on their abdomen as slings? I've noticed it before, but wasn't sure. I think your pics just convinced me :D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That they do. I love the Iridopelma pictures, your pictures make pretty much every spider look like a star.
Haha, thank you! :D

I know they had material from years back, Chad. But it wasn't until after said paper was released that certain people went to go after them from what I recon. Guess I worded that wrong before.

Also, beautiful minatrix and sp. "Columbia", Jason! Seems to me the only difference between purpurea and those is the tine patch of metallic reddish satae on their abdomen as slings? I've noticed it before, but wasn't sure. I think your pics just convinced me :D
Yeah, so far that's about all I've noticed, but it's been a while since I've kept purpurea this small. I'm sure I would pick up on more differences if I had them side by side.

Subscribing for gorgeous photos of gorgeous Ts. Truly impressive.
Why thank you. :)

0.1 H. pulchripes

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I really like the setup you use for your photoshoots, Jason. Great contrast every time.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very sweet. How do you get your faster Ts to just sit still for your photo taking ops?
Thank you. It's just a matter of tiring them out and being patient. Sometimes they don't cooperate so I just wait for another day to photograph.

0.0.1 A. sp. "Tarapoto"