Protectyaaaneck's picture thread

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay so I know the pics arent any good, but I had to share anyways.
2x t. subcaeruleus too small to photograph well.

1x p. pulcher-I almost lost him when unpacking him, he decided to bolt and get lost in a pile of shoes and clothes. It was a good 5 minutes before he turned up on a fleece that i thought I had allready searched.

I LOVE getting new T's !!!!{D {D

ohh yeah, and my a. minatrix molted overnight!! wooooooohooooooo

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You just got them today? Congrats!!! Always fun getting new additions!!! They look good :D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yep yep yep, they were supposed to come yesterday but usps didnt come through. I am very happy even though i had to wait a little extra. I cant wait till the subcaeruleus get a little bigger and I can get a few accurate photos of them. the pulcher might have taken over my favorite psalmo sp. as well...still love my cambridgei, but damn this thing is awesome looking.:eek:

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
p. pulcher enjoying a meal after a long trip in the mail {D

c. cyaneopubescens decapitates cricket

anyone with exp. w/ a. minatrix feel free to chime in, I know they arent the clearest pics and the T isnt totally hardened up yet, but feel free and try and sex. I think female but there is a patch of lighter colored hairs right above the ef that are making me think male?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Both of my subcaeruleus are eating. 1 cricket hind leg each lol. really really cute. {D

btw these are the smallest slings i have cared for yet and I didnt have any pinheads or flightless fruit flies.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
a. geroldi:eek: :eek:

l. violaceopes

and almost 100% sure this is a female

c. cyaneopubescens

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
a. metallica molted tonight

and i think this means male, but this is the first time i have gotten a good molt to look at. I usually sex ventrally.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
By the first picture, I would say that you definitly have a male.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
But then again there looks like there COULD be lady parts there. Can you get a straight on shot from directly above and zoomed in on the area?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
those were the best pics I got, I could try and take some more but I have a problem with spreading apart the molt to photograph, it has a tendancy to curl back inwards. What i did see was that the area seemed to be totally flat, I didnt see any spermethecae(sp)?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just got a look at it ventrally and it def. looks male now. About what size do a. metallica mature? I think this one is around the 5-5.5" mark.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ok the old exuvium measures 4.25" not sure how much more it has grown but I estimate it to be around 5", it looks alot more leggy than it used to as well.
are these pics any better?

personally I think male.

what about this one, this is my other a. metallica.

no idea what sex this is. sorry about the flash I dont have any clearer pics atm with this T.