Problem with Molt, 2 weeks and counting

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi. I don't want to assume anything here so I have to ask:

1. How many T's do you have (or have had?)

2. Are you sure this T is/was female?

Basicatly wondering if it could be a post ultimate molt attempt by a male.

Regardless - I understand what you are going through I had a T get halfway out of the molt - I tried to cut it out and totaly failed. :(

Good luck.
- Sharon

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi. I don't want to assume anything here so I have to ask:

1. How many T's do you have (or have had?)

2. Are you sure this T is/was female?

Basicatly wondering if it could be a post ultimate molt attempt by a male.

Regardless - I understand what you are going through I had a T get halfway out of the molt - I tried to cut it out and totaly failed. :(

Good luck.
- Sharon
I thought the same thing until I remembered he's had it 15 years, I'd think it is safe to assume that it is female.

jimrosefan

Arachnopeon
This was my first T, like I noted I've had it longer than I've known my wife so my guess is 17ish years.

I attempted to help it out of the molt tonight but no luck. I was really worried about inflicting more pain as she was barely out of the molt, none of her legs were completely out and i couldn't see much if any seperation between her and the molt under her.

I'm bummed, she was a long time companion.

Not sure if I'll get another or not, the wife was not a fan at all. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll change my mind and go looking for another.

Thanks for all the help and info, sorry to report a not so good ending.

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This was my first T, like I noted I've had it longer than I've known my wife so my guess is 17ish years.

I attempted to help it out of the molt tonight but no luck. I was really worried about inflicting more pain as she was barely out of the molt, none of her legs were completely out and i couldn't see much if any seperation between her and the molt under her.

I'm bummed, she was a long time companion.

Not sure if I'll get another or not, the wife was not a fan at all. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll change my mind and go looking for another.

Thanks for all the help and info, sorry to report a not so good ending.
So sorry to hear that, man. That's pretty rough. I haven't owned any pet for that long so I can't imagine how much of a bummer it would be. But hey, on the bright side now you have an empty tank to fill. Maybe try a different species to change it up? Or maybe you could try to raise a spiderling? Raising slings is my most favorite aspect of the hobby. At any rate, you have my condolences. At least you did what you could and it sounds like he/she(?) had a nice long life.