Probably dehydrated brachypelma albiceps

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone!

My B. Albiceps just molted last night. And it seems to be that she is dehydrated. She is moving really weird and she cant hold herself up. I already put some drops of water in her mouth but she wont suck it up, now i putted her in cup with water (paul becker his method), and she doesnt drink but runs away from the water. U had her 4 months, and she was really fat and her colors were really dark, she didnt look wel. Because she was so fat she also didnt ate much the last few months. Before she molted she also couldnt stand up very good. Anyone know what i can do, and if she is really dehydrated?

In the video you can see that she cant hold herself up

boina

Lady of the mites
Oh please, please, please put her back in her enclosure and stop bothering her!!!!

EVERY tarantula moves "weird" after molting. They need days to even weeks to be able to hold themselves up and move properly. Your tarantula is perfectly fine, but you seem to be trying your best to actually kill her, even if you don't mean to! OF COURSE she runs away from the water, she can't even drink yet, because her sucking stomach is not working properly so close after a molt. She is NOT dehydrated, so stop trying to water her. Everything you describe about your tarantula sounds perfectly normal, first premolt: dark colors, fat, sluggish movements, now postmolt: wobbly movements, can't hold herself up.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That's normal postmolt behavior. ;) Just let her be in her cage near the water dish.

Neoza

Arachnobaron
I was 'pushing' her on the movie to show that she couldt hold herself. Its not that I push her frequently to see if she is better, i know that you need to let them alone. And I held her 5 min in that cup and put her back in the enclosure. I know that t's have such behavior after a molt, but she was also doing it before the molt. But thank you for informing me that she is not dehydrated! I thought it because the room whete shes in is very dry because its all made of wood. And i have a machine that spreads water in the air, but its broken for 1 week know, so i thought maybe it could be that.

Although thank you very much for your reply!

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Yeah let her harden for a few days and It should clear up. At this point I'd be more worried that disturbing her did some damage since she is still soft and touching her could hurt her easily, the behavior you described sounds normal though, just leave her alone and she should probably be fine.

Neoza

Arachnobaron
I worried yo soon :(. Normally i wouldnt, but it was because since i bought her she wasnt really good. Sometimes she couldnt stand on her feet.

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
A clear indication that a T is dehydrated at an ALARMING rate is a shriveled abdomen. If the abdomen is looking plump,then there is no need to worry.