Price question

Aab0908

Arachnopeon
So I have a chance to get a 4" P Irmina, a 4"
N coloratovillosus, a B Boehmi And a 2" P Sazimai for $200. Is that good? A collector is getting out if the hobby and I still fairly new. Would you pass and wait or what?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Nope they say they don't know. So probably males then haha
At that size it seems shady to sell them as unsexed, but could be they just don't know. Try and ask the seller some questions, see how knowledgeable they are. IME the serious keepers rarely scam.

Aab0908

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all your replies guys! I was on the fence anyway, so I think I'll pass. They don't seem very knowledgeable but I'm not knowledgeable enough to call them out either. Thanks!

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I think Unsexed leaning male, I’d be ok at 150. Selling MM’s or doing breeding loans could pay off for you.
If one or two end up female, you’re definitely ahead.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Nope they say they don't know. So probably males then haha
Yeah, they're lying. It's a great deal if they were all females, but between the price and "not knowing" the sex this screams scam. Negotiate down to $150.

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I agree on getting the price down to at least 150. If they all end up males and you sell them or do breeding loans it could be very worth it even.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Yeah, they're lying. It's a great deal if they were all females, but between the price and "not knowing" the sex this screams scam. Negotiate down to $150.
Lolz. I have some larger spiders that I truly don't know if they're male or female that I've considered selling as unsexed. According to you I'd be a liar. Good to know you know definitively what the seller knows. It's smart to be cautious buying larger, unsexed spiders but to automatically call the seller a liar is just wrong.

Yes, I've sexed spiders around 1.5" via molt, I've also had some that I'm not sure about like my P. metallica juvies until they were much larger. I've had some that had repeatedly mangled molts. I'm usually not going to sell a spider as sexed if it was done ventrally either unless it's ridiculously obvious.

Is the seller a liar? Maybe, maybe not, my first collection I didn't have a clue on any of them until they hooked out heh (only wound up with one female out of nine Ts). Is it good to be cautious and ask for ventral photos? Yes.