Price for MM Iridopelma hirsutum?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Thinking about selling my MM I. hirsutum but have no idea what to ask for him. Has anyone sold or bought one?

cold blood

Staff member
most MMs are worth somewhere between $40 and 75. You gotta understand for the buyer, purchasing a MM is no gaurantee of success, most wont spend large amounts unless its a rare MM or theyre desperate....hirstum is probably in the higher end of that range as they arent super common (which also means less people looking for one). JMO

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Thinking about selling my MM I. hirsutum but have no idea what to ask for him. Has anyone sold or bought one?
I cant speek for any dollar amount, but i’m with coldblood. it is not something that you see a lot of, so somebody who wants one wont have a lot of choises, so theybare peobably willing to pay a bit more.

On a side note, if you are open to trades, in my experience, a good breeder can hook you up with a way higher dollar value in other spiders (usually slings) than they will pay cash.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Thanks guys. I'll most likely just keep him but just wanted a general idea of price if I hear of someone looking for a male.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I cant speek for any dollar amount, but i’m with coldblood. it is not something that you see a lot of, so somebody who wants one wont have a lot of choises, so theybare peobably willing to pay a bit more.

On a side note, if you are open to trades, in my experience, a good breeder can hook you up with a way higher dollar value in other spiders (usually slings) than they will pay cash.

That's why males are so valuable, they are excellent at increasing collection. Few people understand this in the beginning. For males I generally sell, OR trade for other slings, I usually get 5-8 QUALITY species. Not Rose Hair or albos etc for my males.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I'll most likely just keep him but just wanted a general idea of price if I hear of someone looking for a male.
Why keep him? His time is limited. You should contact all the major dealers/breeders, see if anyone wants him. For a species that's not very common letting him go to waste is just that, a waste. The hobby could use more
Iridopelma hirsutum

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Why keep him? His time is limited. You should contact all the major dealers/breeders, see if anyone wants him. For a species that's not very common letting him go to waste is just that, a waste. The hobby could use more
Iridopelma hirsutum
If I could find someone local to take him I would sell him but I don't know if anyone would be willing to come get him. The closest breeders that I know have bred I. hirsutum are quite some distance away. I'm not comfortable with trying to ship him plus the closest place to ship him from is a 3 hour round trip through heavy traffic closer to the city which I can't drive in anymore because I get too confused. Old age is not fun.