Preventative measures failed

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Earlier in the year, I heat treated and stored a huge amount of substrate for rhinoceros beetle larvae. The substrate was stored in my garage where it is extremely cold. I took it out today to fill up containers for larvae that I just found. When I brought it inside, I immediately noticed fungus gnats running through the container. When I mixed the substrate I found a good amount of fungus gnat larvae. No matter what I do I cannot prevent them. I hate them so much!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Earlier in the year, I heat treated and stored a huge amount of substrate for rhinoceros beetle larvae. The substrate was stored in my garage where it is extremely cold. I took it out today to fill up containers for larvae that I just found. When I brought it inside, I immediately noticed fungus gnats running through the container. When I mixed the substrate I found a good amount of fungus gnat larvae. No matter what I do I cannot prevent them. I hate them so much!
Just give in man, that's what I've done, no way to get rid of those things, just gotta live with them unfortunately. :( Maybe install a few house spiders into your bug room, you'd be amazed at how many gnats a properly placed web can catch, especially ones near windows...

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
That spider idea is really cool, I might have to try it!
Yeah, got a couple spiders living in my windowsill, the gnats fly to the light trying to get outside and end up getting caught in the spiderwebs. Needless to say, those spiders eat like kings! :p