Pretty great molting footage of a 6" LP

Phases

Arachnoknight
Hey guys,

I have gathered that some of the more interesting or unique videos I put up are of some interest here. Yesterday, our Lasiodora parahybana molted for two camera angles over the course of four hours.

I know molting is not a rarity by any stretch but this was without a doubt the best yet that I've personally been able to see. Wanted to share. :)

He's a good T. Pretty calm, always out in the open, LOVES to eat. I'm sad he's a he but hope he has a ways to go. Anyway, hope you enjoy. I was going to make it more educational with some molting background and signs etc, but to show what I wanted of the actual molt it would put it a little long. So, that may come one day in the future.

Hope you enjoy!

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Very nice! Good lookin' man there. I just watched my 2" LP molt yesterday, cannot WAIT until it gets all big and fluffy.

Phases

Arachnoknight
Thank you! Yes as I mentioned to someone who commented the same on the video (was it you?) - get ready for him to grow fast! I read they spend most time underground if they can till they get larger, which was the case we experienced. He was mostly in his underground tunnel until he molted to 6 inches or so for us. Course he was only one molt to that once we got him so he could have just been spending his time getting comfortable and digging out a safety spot but.. it held true. Once he did that molt 5 or so months back though he has spent all his time out in the open.

Great T, very cool. Congrats!

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Well, when I got mine i was at about 1/2 an inch, and it stayed in it's burrow most of the time until it hit 2". This was the first time it molted outside of it's hide, and also the first time it spun a molting mat. I haven't had a chance to get a great measurement yet, but it looks like it gained almost an inch!