Preserving whipspider molt

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
My medius molted and I want to preserve its molt. Problem is I’m not really sure how to. Does anyone have some tips or ideas how to do this? I think I’ll try stuffi a cotton ball or something in its abdomen nd superglue the carapace shut.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think putting a little bit of cotton inside would work, but you may be able to brace it in a way that it'll get held up and dry well.

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
Looks great! I don't bother filling the abdomen with cotton (as opposed to tarantula molts). Whip spiders are pretty 2-dimensional anyway, and mostly viewed from above. The added volume doesn't really add anything IMO.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Looks great! I don't bother filling the abdomen with cotton (as opposed to tarantula molts). Whip spiders are pretty 2-dimensional anyway, and mostly viewed from above. The added volume doesn't really add anything IMO.
Good point, wish I’d have known that before hand and the abdomen kind of tore but it seems ok for now.

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
No worries, you'll have plenty more molts... Have you seen my work? Scroll down this page and you'll see that even if amblypygids are 2D you can make them look 3D with careful arrangement of the legs.
http://gilwizen.com/shop/