Preparations for vacation

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
So, I am going on vacation next Monday for about a week. I know that a week is not long to leave Ts alone but still wanted to check if there are any preparations I have not thought of.

For background: I have 13 Ts atm, abour half slings and half juveniles. Some of them are moisture dependant to a degree, namely T. Blondi, X.spec. blue, N. Tripepii, C. Versicolor, E. Murinus.

It is very hot here atm (for Germany), tempartures should range between 27 - 35 C outside but no more than 25 or maybe 27 C inside if it gets a lot hotter than expected. Atm it is about 21-22 C.

My plan was to feed them the day before leaving, clean and fill up the waterdishes, wet/spray the substrate a little more than I normally would and put an additional waterdish into the enclosures of the bigger Ts. Then I would darken the room and leave.

Did I miss anything?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So, I am going on vacation next Monday for about a week. I know that a week is not long to leave Ts alone but still wanted to check if there are any preparations I have not thought of.

For background: I have 13 Ts atm, abour half slings and half juveniles. Some of them are moisture dependant to a degree, namely T. Blondi, X.spec. blue, N. Tripepii, C. Versicolor, E. Murinus.

It is very hot here atm (for Germany), tempartures should range between 27 - 35 C outside but no more than 25 or maybe 27 C inside if it gets a lot hotter than expected. Atm it is about 21-22 C.

My plan was to feed them the day before leaving, clean and fill up the waterdishes, wet/spray the substrate a little more than I normally would and put an additional waterdish into the enclosures of the bigger Ts. Then I would darken the room and leave.

Did I miss anything?
Das klingt sehr gut.

Top off the water dishes as you are heading out the door in the morning.

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
Das klingt sehr gut.

Just for information if anyone searches for this kind of topic:

It all worked out well, there was still water in most water dishes, the Ts are fine as far as I can tell and there even was one molt. The tempartures where moderate throughout the vacation time, though.

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Das klingt sehr gut.

I was going to say this. Additionally next time if it's hot, keep them in shade or in a cool area like a garage.