Pre moult

Tilly123

Arachnopeon
Hey guys. So I posted a while ago about my curly hair sling. Hes a great digger, and has been burrowing at every opportunity. He likes to dig in different places all the time. I'm concerned though, apart from the fact he hasn't eaten the last 2 times I've fed, he's developed some small white shiny dots underneath his abdomen. He first appeared with two and it's turned into four. I am concerned about him as I csnt find anytbing on this. He is very shiny and losing hair on the top park of his abdomen so potentially going into pre moult? He has been in this stage for a good 2 months now. For a sling I heard its a long time for them to wait to moult. Any device would be fantastic. My brazillian black also has one under hers too but she's far bigger and at least jhst over 2 years old now and seems fine

Attachments

Tilly123

Arachnopeon
Sor
Hey guys. So I posted a while ago about my curly hair sling. Hes a great digger, and has been burrowing at every opportunity. He likes to dig in different places all the time. I'm concerned though, apart from the fact he hasn't eaten the last 2 times I've fed, he's developed some small white shiny dots underneath his abdomen. He first appeared with two and it's turned into four. I am concerned about him as I csnt find anytbing on this. He is very shiny and losing hair on the top park of his abdomen so potentially going into pre moult? He has been in this stage for a good 2 months now. For a sling I heard its a long time for them to wait to moult. Any device would be fantastic. My brazillian black also has one under hers too but she's far bigger and at least jhst over 2 years old now and seems fine
sorry for the bad typing. My phone is awful at texting anything

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Those things your mentioning are your tarantulas lungs, they have four of them, and they are always more pronounced when the sling is plump. Absolutely no cause for concern, just weird tarantula anatomy!

Tilly123

Arachnopeon
Those things your mentioning are your tarantulas lungs, they have four of them, and they are always more pronounced when the sling is plump. Absolutely no cause for concern, just weird tarantula anatomy!
Thank you! My friend told me the same thing and he's very experienced with these things too, when it comes to anatomy!