1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PR Millipede Molting Pix

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by NiGHTS, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Advertisement
    I got some pictures of my Puerto Rican millipedes molting on the surface and thought I would share them with everyone. The thing that's so kool about these guys that are molting is that 2 of them are chalk white normally, so it's strange to see them looking so grey. The guy in the top picture is a Puerto Rican White/Black w/ orange dots, aka Anadenobolus arboreus gundlachi.

From left to right, in the second picture, the pedes are PR Black/Yellow, PR White/Black with Orange Dots, and finally, PR White/Black. If anyone remembers my post a while back about the pede with the deformed segment - that's the same pede on the far right...and his segment is still deformed, even after a molt.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  2. Here's the "after" picture. This is about a week and a half after the molting happened, and you can see that the PR White/Black guy isn't still fully back to his normal coloration; he's more of a PR White/Grey still. The PR White with red dots wasn't around when I pulled out the camera...but he's pretty much back to his normal color.

Attached Files:

3. cacoseraph

cacoseraph ArachnoGod Old Timer

crazy pics man.
    i don't think i've ever seen much in the way of milli-molting pics :)

very cool, thanks for posting :)
  4. Not Puerto Rican millipedes this time, but more molting pictures. This time its Florida millis (chicobolus spinigerus) that I caught molting near the surface.

Attached Files:

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Arachnoangel Old Timer

I sometimes see my little burmese millipedes moulting on the surface too!

I can't wait to get home from uni... I miss my millipedes! :(