Possibly Unwell Wall Lizard

neoncacti

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. I have returned from a 3 week trip to find my small wall lizard seemingly ill. I noticed an empty water dish, replenished it and misted the enclosure. The person babysitting my animals also did an awful job and threw mealies in rather than feeding them directly to the lizard, so I found several around the enclosure.

Nim, the lizard, is a juvenile. It appears a bit flat, but no bones stick out, though ribs are slightly more prominent than belly. Refuses to drink and eat, and whenever offered food it just seems to wipe its snout on my hand. It is very lethargic, eyes always closed and does not grip hard with its legs. Sometimes it does start running and open both eyes and mouth, but stops shortly after.

I really love Nim a lot and any help will be crucial because I have no idea what else to try. Is it hybernation? It just sleeps on top of its log, rather than hidden. Should I increase temps?

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I'm not a reptile expert, but given you probably need to act quickly and no one's replied yet, the logical conclusion would be the lizard is dehydrated. Coming back to no water plus lethargy and not wanting to eat is consistent with that.

I've seen advice to drip water onto the snout to encourage them to lick it off, but hopefully someone who's dealt with this will have some other suggestions. Don't expect them to eat until they've started drinking.

neoncacti

Arachnopeon
I've been trying to drip water onto the snout ever since I made the post, but there's no reaction at all.. I've been trying to mist the lizard's skin every now and then in hopes that it helps. Yesterday I saw it in the water dish, bathing? But it might've been accidental, as it roams the enclosure.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Give it a soak in some warm water. Dehydrated reptiles will submerge. You can also use an eye dropper to put some water drops in the mouth.