Possible water source??

abigfathen910

Arachnopeon
While we don't have any "bugs" at the moment, we'll have some by the end of the month. Probably some hissers or GBA millies. (My son is turning 6 on the 29th and that's what he'd like as a present. Makes me so proud - but hubby gets the willies just thinking about it!) :D

We often go out of town for extended weekends and I just know that none of my neighbors (who sweetly care for our dogs) would never care for our other creatures. Fresh fruits and veggies won't last too long, nor do some of the crystals.

What do you think about water-soaked diapers or feminine pads? They certainly hold fluid, and for quite some time. Toxins?

Look forward to your thoughts.

-Kari

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can see those, or any absorbent material, holding water for a very long time but also turning into a bacteria colony that could potentially kill your pets.

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I often leave for extended periods of 1-1.5 weeks. I have no GBA but have never had any problem with leaving food, in the wild oak leaves may be on the ground for weeks before being consumed. A larger water dish should be good enough for an extended weekend, as stated absorbent materials can develop and harbor bacteria.
Rev

abigfathen910

Arachnopeon
in the wild oak leaves may be on the ground for weeks before being consumed. Rev
Sorry for the ignorance - still pretty new. When you say "oak leaves" are you saying that I can go to our front yard, pick a leaf off of our oak tree, and give that as part of their diet? Both hissers and millies?

-Kari

abigfathen910

Arachnopeon
I can see those, or any absorbent material, holding water for a very long time but also turning into a bacteria colony that could potentially kill your pets.
Daniel,

Thank you. It's been years since I've had bug pets and I have forgotten some of the basics.

-Kari

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hear florists and plant nurseries carry those gel cubes if you dont want to order them online.