Possible trapdoor spider?

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey. I was about to fall asleep last night when my friend sent me a picture of what I can only, at this point, assume is a trapdoor spider. I live in Nashville, TN and I'm aware of at least one type of trapdoor, a Cyclocosmia spp. This, however is definitely not it.

Sorry the picture quality isn't great.

If that didn't upload, I'll try again later. First attempt to upload through my phone.

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Pretty sure that's an Ummidia species trapdoor spider mature male? Cool picture. I didn't know you had Cyclocosmia up there! Gotta LOVE trapdoor spiders.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah! We have, if I'm not horribly mistaken, Cyclocosmia truncate. I think they range from Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. I'd love to find one some day. They have the coolest abdomens.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks to be mature male trapdoor picture of front legs a little blury. The legs seem fairly long and abdomen seems small and more hairs than females.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay. I actually found something tonight. Was in a stand off with my cat. Growling at each other and I'm pretty sure they bit each other. This one is definitely a mature male. Is this a trapdoor?

Attachments

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The spider wasn't Growling at the cat, obviously. But was in threat pose.

---------- Post added 11-12-2013 at 12:17 AM ----------

---------- Post added 11-12-2013 at 12:48 AM ----------

myrmekiaphila???

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Looks like Myrmekiaphila to me but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an Ummidia sp. It is small for a MM Ummidia if I am not mistaken, any experts?