Possible Tarantula Hairs on eyelid!! G.rosea

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
haha, op is in the US, not Canada....our health care is most certainly NOT free...a $30 visit would be the co pay....on top of your insurance premiums. i agree though, if you got it free...god bless, i envy your system.
Ah but its never free. Would you prefer they call it a tax or a premium/ copay/ deductable?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Ah but its never free. Would you prefer they call it a tax or a premium/ copay/ deductable?
Our taxes are already paying for people to get free healthcare in this country. It's just that contributing members of society don't enjoy the same benefits. Work hard so you can take care of those who don't - that's the law of the land here.

Bugcatcherbilly

Arachnopeon
Update: I'm going to the doctor today. In actually beginning to think I just have a bad case of pink eye. My eye doesn't even hurt at all anymore. The swelling goes down during the day and when I wake up in the morning its very swollen again. And I wake up with crusty stuff around my eye like you would with pink eye. So yeah I'll be seeing a doctor today, thank you guys for all the suggestions.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Our taxes are already paying for people to get free healthcare in this country. It's just that contributing members of society don't enjoy the same benefits. Work hard so you can take care of those who don't - that's the law of the land here.
That is....insane.
Down here it is 'work hard so you can pay for your healthcare and a little for others.
We do however have a 'no-claim' bill of 450€ a year. If you need meds, go to physicians, that will be taken from said bill. If you don't get sick or anything, you get that miney back at the end of the year. Sounds reasonable right?
Exept that it isn't. Chronically ill people pay that amount every year, on top of everything that healthcare doesn't cover, and that becomes more and more.

@op, how was your visit?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Update: I'm going to the doctor today. In actually beginning to think I just have a bad case of pink eye. My eye doesn't even hurt at all anymore. The swelling goes down during the day and when I wake up in the morning its very swollen again. And I wake up with crusty stuff around my eye like you would with pink eye. So yeah I'll be seeing a doctor today, thank you guys for all the suggestions.
Good luck

Bugcatcherbilly

Arachnopeon
Update: back from the doctor. He doesn't think it's tarantula hair, he thinks it's an infection so I'm on antibiotics, ointment and eye drops.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
That is....insane.
Down here it is 'work hard so you can pay for your healthcare and a little for others.
We do however have a 'no-claim' bill of 450€ a year. If you need meds, go to physicians, that will be taken from said bill. If you don't get sick or anything, you get that miney back at the end of the year. Sounds reasonable right?
Exept that it isn't. Chronically ill people pay that amount every year, on top of everything that healthcare doesn't cover, and that becomes more and more.

@op, how was your visit?

I have had major surgery last january. So i need to pay that €450 in one go without having a job. Reasonable indeed :p

Also i need some medication for life. The pills itself cost about €4, but they charge an additional fee for picking up the meds at the pharmacy resulting in a €20+ fee total

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I have had major surgery last january. So i need to pay that €450 in one go without having a job. Reasonable indeed :p

Also i need some medication for life. The pills itself cost about €4, but they charge an additional fee for picking up the meds at the pharmacy resulting in a €20+ fee total
A pick up fee? That is ridiculous! Where do they expect you to pick them up, if not in your pharmacy??

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
A pick up fee? That is ridiculous! Where do they expect you to pick them up, if not in your pharmacy??
Well they charge a fee for dispensing the meds during 'business hours'. When I left the hospital, I got some antibiotics 'outside of business hours' which resulted in a €25 fee plus the actual medicine cost.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Well they charge a fee for dispensing the meds during 'business hours'. When I left the hospital, I got some antibiotics 'outside of business hours' which resulted in a €25 fee plus the actual medicine cost.
Sorry, going to say this in Dutch.
Dat is echt absurd...ik zou proberen of je dat ook via je zorgverzekering vergoed kunt krijgen of anders via de belastingdienst. Betalen omdat je iets op werkdagen moet ophalen? Belachelijk. Noodmedicatie of spoedmedicatie daar kan ik me nog wel iets bij voorstellen, maar gewoon op werkdagen? :shifty:

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Well, het is eigenlijk mijn zorgverzekering die daar kosten voor in rekening brengt als ik het eigen risico overzicht zo zie.

Back on topic. Happy for you that your eye is doing better @Bugcatcherbilly

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Sorry, going to say this in Dutch.
Dat is echt absurd...ik zou proberen of je dat ook via je zorgverzekering vergoed kunt krijgen of anders via de belastingdienst. Betalen omdat je iets op werkdagen moet ophalen? Belachelijk. Noodmedicatie of spoedmedicatie daar kan ik me nog wel iets bij voorstellen, maar gewoon op werkdagen? :shifty:
No idea what you said but I get the idea LOL

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Christ, not even in Italy happens something like that. My grandmother, on her 94, pays nothing and their medicines, considering everything, cost more or less that sum.

I need to rethink something about Italy :-s