Possible Paraphysa scrofa?

SuperRad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A PetCo in my area has a Rose Hair for sale, but I noticed it looked way darker than a normal rosie. After a few days of thinking about it, I asked to have a look and it has a definate "copper" or metallic brown color to it's carapace. The legs seem darker than a rosies ought to be too. The size right now is around 4.5" and I think it might be female. The staff said it molted within the past 2 weeks, so no mirror patch for comparisons. I know the one on P. Scrofa is supposed to be hour glass shaped right? I don't think this is a RCF rosie at all and I know some times Chilean Coppers get shipped along side G. rosea cause they can look similar. What do you think?

A close up for color and carapace pattern:

Left and right:

More close ups:

One with the flash off and the same view with flash on:

Ventral shots, cause I know these help with ID some times. I'm sure you can't make it out, but if you can sex her too, that'd be just awesome:

P.S. Sorry if this is a huge thread....:8o

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. rosea. I have a G. rosea that coloring.

The P. scrofa are aggressive, and smaller.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep. Definitely G rosea. Like they said up there, P scrofa are small, dwarfs really. Also their urticating mirror patch is sort of heart shaped while a G rosea is more of an oval. That's a beautiful rosie though!