Possible mould ON spider

Simface

Arachnopeon
I've had my Honduras curly haired T for 7 years now, the last day or 2 there seems to be what looks like mould on the back of her body near the head. Little white patches on the top. There's no mould in her viv at all so not sure what it would be? She has a huge bald spot at the bottom which i think is a stress thing. I cleaned the plastic tube (drain pipe) she usually spends all her time in for the first time a few weeks back (i used to leave her in it and clean around her) and she's completely rejected it now so doesn't burrow anywhere. I think that's what the bald spot is with the stress but no idea on these white patches. IMG_0109.JPG IMG_0109.JPG IMG_0109.JPG IMG_0109.JPG IMG_0109.JPG

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Looks pretty normal to me. Maybe I'm not seeing it. Nothing stands out to me as abnormal. I have a G pulchripes that's looking a bit crusty and wish she would molt.

Simface

Arachnopeon
Looks pretty normal to me. Maybe I'm not seeing it. Nothing stands out to me as abnormal. I have a G pulchripes that's looking a bit crusty and wish she would molt.
Ok thanks for the reply I tried to take a better pic and I've circled what I'm seeing. She's only moulted once in 7 years so I'm hoping she's just preparing for another?

Attachments

boina

Lady of the mites
From what I can see it looks like setae coming off. They do come off in little fluffy patches. I've yet to see mold on a tarantula - ever. Tarantulas don't mold unless they are on deaths door, no matter what some forums and even books may tell you. A picture from a little further away might make things clearer.

Also, please tell me you don't have a terrestrial tarantula climbing up some kind of tall ornament in her enclosure? A fall is a much more imminent threat to her life. Tarantulas don't fall often but when they do (and they are more prone to do so close to a molt, because they are less agile), anyway a tarantula that falls will very often rupture her abdomen and die. I may have never seen mold on a tarantula but I've definitely seen a tarantula's abdomen split open from a fall (meaning the tarantula was dead).

Simface

Arachnopeon
Thank you. As you can probably tell I'm not exactly an experienced spider enthusiast. I took her on in the heat of the moment when her previous owner who also ended up with her unintentionally (his brother suddenly passed away it was his) decided he was bored with it and was going to let it loose in the garden. So i left with her there and then. 7 years laters she's still going strong but I hadn't saw this type of marking on her before.
I literally joined this forum today and quickly realised i was a little out of my league I haven't got a clue about scientific names etc.
The ornament is lay flat. Just a weird camera angle. Thanks again

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
^^^Your tarantula looks normal. And I wouldn't worry about scientific names with ultra common tarantulas anyway :)

boina

Lady of the mites
Thank you. As you can probably tell I'm not exactly an experienced spider enthusiast. I took her on in the heat of the moment when her previous owner who also ended up with her unintentionally (his brother suddenly passed away it was his) decided he was bored with it and was going to let it loose in the garden. So i left with her there and then. 7 years laters she's still going strong but I hadn't saw this type of marking on her before.
I literally joined this forum today and quickly realised i was a little out of my league I haven't got a clue about scientific names etc.
The ornament is lay flat. Just a weird camera angle. Thanks again
You shouldn't be out of your league asking questions ;). It's really good of you to take her in - and it looks like you are taking good care of her.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you're referring to the little off-white patch then it just looks like loose setae, they sometimes look like that after kicking hairs, my A. geniculata looking a bit dishevelled before a moult (it's mostly on the sides of her abdomen).

15941223_1559804414032992_2865149318906601757_n.jpg