Possible issues with breeding Blatta orientalis (Oriental cockroaches)

silver04

Arachnopeon
20240420_160838.jpg So I have been keeping Blatta orientalis (Oriental cockroaches) for a couple weeks now and at first they seemed fine, I've fed them (gave bread, cheese puffs and poptarts) and gave them water each day yet I've noticed that they have been acting a bit sluggish lately, the temperatures reach mid 40s, could that be? Am I feeding the wrong foods? Not enough? I have 163 of them and they are in this enclosure (pictures attached)
20240420_154808.jpg
And I have a 12 egg carton, cut in half placed inside like this (pictures attached)
20240420_154907.jpg 20240420_154912.jpg

And this is what it looks like with them inside
20240420_160838.jpg
Could it be too many in a small place? Thanks!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
And look up red Runner care since they’re pretty similar to yours

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
bread, cheese puffs and poptarts...and 40 degrees C....

Strongly recommend reading up a bit. That's all wrong.

Try broken raw grains (agriculture spray free) as well as fresh vegetables. On the cheap try carrots, sweet potato etc. Also not contaminated with toxic substances.

Processed human food is almost always trash. Literal garbage. You shouldn't eat pop tarts and cheese puffs either. But your physical body is bigger, so all the diseases they will give you will take longer to develop (hopefully) than these small bodied animals which can likely die pretty quickly from getting such toxic substances.

Bread can work if organic. As part of their diet, not their sole ingestion. I like to give most of my roaches some leaf litter and bark to gnaw on as well.