Possible Enclosure edit for Gbb

Jonesdal

Arachnopeon
I just want to get an outside perspective. So my Gbb seems to be doing rather well. It is webbing it's enclosure which i guess makes me think he/she is comfortable... But, here is the thing, he/she is webbing extremely close to the top of the enclosure and is also adding webbing to the top. The little one seems to really love the silk leaves, spending 90 percent of it's time up there. Can somebody give me a little advice on wether I should lower the substrate level. Or just let it be until it's time for a rehouse... this is my 1st Gbb and I hear they are a little skiddish. So far shows no signs of running unless food is involved, literally catching things before hitting the gorund. Again, should I lower substrate? Or am I just being woriesome? I attached pics so you can see the progress this little one is making.

Attachments

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I believe it’s currently in juvie enclosure from Jamie’s Tarantula. I bet it would be ok to be in there for another molt or two, but personally I would rehouse it into larger one. That’s just me though. I tend to give more space for webbers.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I would also rehouse, more space for heavy webbers

Last edited:

Jonesdal

Arachnopeon
Ok I was actually planning on getting some acrylic display cases and a dremmel anyway. so I could also get something bigger for this GBB. It never went into the hide that's there so i won't even bother with that and just give more leaves seein as he can't get enough of bein on them, maybe I'll get lucky and wind up with some balfouri like tunnels. I have a Bumba Cabocla coming who could take that enclosure after a few molts or maybe he might just go straight into it for the extra digging space. Thank you all for your quick reaponses.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Ok I was actually planning on getting some acrylic display cases and a dremmel anyway. so I could also get something bigger for this GBB. It never went into the hide that's there so i won't even bother with that and just give more leaves seein as he can't get enough of bein on them, maybe I'll get lucky and wind up with some balfouri like tunnels. I have a Bumba Cabocla coming who could take that enclosure after a few molts or maybe he might just go straight into it for the extra digging space. Thank you all for your quick reaponses.
I don't give my GBB a hide, he just makes his own little den with all the anchor points.

Jonesdal

Arachnopeon
I don't give my GBB a hide, he just makes his own little den with all the anchor points.
I was hoping it would make a cool little tunnel... but it looks like that will come from the leaves. From everything I looked up every GBB is deffietent so I knew it would take a few experiments to find what he/she would like.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I don't give mine a typical terrestrial hide, I just lean a slab of cork bark against the side with anchor points near the entrances.

Michael Guirov

Arachnopeon
I gave my little one some higher anchor points hoping I would get some multi level tunnels aswell, so far it has just carpet webbed across the highest points haha.

This is a few weeks ago when she just started webbing.

Attachments

Jonesdal

Arachnopeon
I gave my little one some higher anchor points hoping I would get some multi level tunnels aswell, so far it has just carpet webbed across the highest points haha.

It looks adorably tiny... i'm sure it'll web more... mine has only been in this one as a temporary solution until I saw how it acted... mine webbed a lot in the 1 week it's been in there... so i'm getting a bigger place for it today, more for surface area for more faux leaveas it never touches the ground.

cold blood

Staff member
I was hoping it would make a cool little tunnel... but it looks like that will come from the leaves. From everything I looked up every GBB is deffietent so I knew it would take a few experiments to find what he/she would like.
That t has barely even started webbing the enclosure....in time it would have extensive tubes of web.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

That's a really big butt. :wideyed:

Jonesdal

Arachnopeon
That t has barely even started webbing the enclosure....in time it would have extensive tubes of web.
That's why I asked now, before it got anywhere else with it....
That's why I asked before it got to that point... when he stretches he's closer 2"... and with the fact that he likes being atop the leaves, I need more space for him and to support the leavea he likes without damaging his web to much... I'm gonna leave the web untouched so he can have it in the new enclosure, hopefully making it a little nore comfortable at 1st

Michael Guirov

Arachnopeon
It looks adorably tiny... i'm sure it'll web more... mine has only been in this one as a temporary solution until I saw how it acted... mine webbed a lot in the 1 week it's been in there... so i'm getting a bigger place for it today, more for surface area for more faux leaveas it never touches the ground.
Yeah its webbed up about half of it now, and dispite providing plenty high anchor points I always catch him trying to web the lid shut haha, mine also never touches the gorund, even pressed the sub as much as I could but I guess they do what they want lol.

That's a really big butt. :wideyed:
I know haha! It was about quarter the size and I fed it half a super worm and now its thicc! Left nothing but scraps of shell the greedy little guy.

Definitely no more food until molt haha