Poor L. Parahybana

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I came into the T room last night to check on all my T's. It all looks good at first untill I look into my 3 inch L. Parahybana inclosure, its gone! I look and look becuase I think it's escaped but it shares a 5 gallon tank and a divider with a 3 inch G. aureostriata. Long story short it must have gotten over into the G. aureostriata's side, they fought and the G. aureostriata won. I looked into the G. aureostriata's side to see the gooy lump of legs that was unfortunately my L. Parahybana.:( So it sucks and I am now in the proses of trying to get a new Birdeater.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, sorry to hear it. Bummer big time.

I've heard too many stories like this to ever even try a divided tank.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss.

I'm surprised the aureostriata won. If I had to put money on that one I would have picked the parahybana as the winner. Of course, the aureostriata had home court advantage.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry to hear it. Thats one ofthe consequences for divider tanks unfortunately.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Real sorry to hear that kid. But, to be honest I can't believe that an aureostriata of the same size took out your L. para! Mine have always been quick & deadly on any prey items.
On the bright side, para's are easy to find and usually 1" slings are given as freebies from many of the dealers with orders. I recieved four as freebies just last summer! Good luck and get rid of that divider!

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It only takes one hit people... the G. auero probly struck first. The LP was in enemy territory.

Sorry for the loss though. Did you ever divide it all the way up until it touches the lid?

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is this because at 3 inches the chaco was older? Would this give an advantage to the chaco?

Sorry for the loss bro. Is this a removable divider that you used? I am curious as to how the T managed to go to the other side...

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Would I be safe in assuming that the OP had a screen lid instead of a plexiglass lid? Even at 3" T's can be pretty strong, it's possible that if it was a screen lid and the divider did not come up high enough the T could have pushed the screen up enough to wriggle through.

I have a relatively thick wire mesh screen on my 7" L.p.'s tank and sometimes it will crawl upside down on the lid, stick its fangs through the holes in the screen and then fold them back to get a grip, and begin to push with its legs like it's trying to rip a hole in the screen. She can deflect it a surprising amount, about 1/4", but so far no holes just scraped paint and some places that are permanently deformed ;) Always interesting to listen to at night while you are trying to sleep...