1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

poop

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Longbord1, May 15, 2003.

1. Longbord1

Longbord1 Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    is it normal for my rose hair to poop on me every time i take it out

2. johnnyjohnjon

johnnyjohnjon Arachnoprince Old Timer

I wouldn't consider it normal, but I wouldn't think it was a problem as long as you are not scareing it or squeezing it.

3. D-Man

D-Man Arachnochicano

Droppin loads

.I haven't gotten sprayed yet. My T's go for a walk and blow their loaves of the walls of their cages - they never drop a load in their dwelling. Maybe your T feels so relaxed in your hands ;).

4. Mybe it doesnt like you:}

5. Professor T

Professor T Arachnodemon

My G. pulchra does that, but my G. rosea has never done that! I think its a defense mechanism...nothing personal.

6. Mike G.

Mike G. Arachnopeon

I have a 6" G. aureostriata (just got her last week). I've had her out twice. She pooped on me the 2nd time out.

That's the story of my life. Girls are always crapping on me!!!

Mike G.

7. Longbord1

Longbord1 Arachnoprince Old Timer

i think she feels warm and comfortable thanx for ur info

8. blackacidevil

blackacidevil Arachnobaron

SATX
    Maybe I need to put some pepto....

My "texas brown" seems to poop all over her little tank. She is still a juvie and I'm always cleaning it off but in a couple of days there is poop all over the sides. Is this normal? I have a few other T's that don't poop nearly as much as her........maybe I'm overfeeding.

9. bodc21

bodc21 Arachnojason

i made a post like this but it involved my avic avic
    it is a defense

10. blackacidevil

blackacidevil Arachnobaron

SATX
    in my case it is not defensive.......I don't even bother my T's all that much and this one is very calm......she just poops on the glass.

11. NightCrawler

NightCrawler Arachnoknight Old Timer

Since im new to the t hobby can anyone tell me what t poop looks like?? :confused:

12. jwb121377

jwb121377 Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

It is a small ball of white powder looking stuff. On a arboreal's cage it can be seen in long white streaks that are on the wall.

13. NightCrawler

Thanx jwb :) I found something looking like that and i thought that it was mould

Last edited: May 17, 2003
  14. jwb121377

If it was white it was probably just T poop. How moist are you keeping your enclosure? Also what kind of substrate are you using and what species of tarantula are we talking about?:)

Last edited: May 17, 2003
  15. NightCrawler

The moist is between 70 and 80 and the substraite i a mix of something called Namiba Terra Terrariehumus and flower dirt...Don't know the english word for it.

16. jwb121377

Hmm so you use a potting soil mix? What species are you keeping? I find if the substrate is to moist with soil you get some mold, have you thought about maybe using straight peat instead of soil?

17. NightCrawler

My t's are Salmon Pinks...What is straight peat ?

18. jwb121377

Peat in theory is less likely to mold due to its high acidity. I have had no mold with the peat that I use.

19. RugbyDave

RugbyDave Arachnoprince Old Timer

well what's the Danish word for it, and i'll tell you the english word. Maybe we use the same thing?

20. NightCrawler

The danish word is potte muld....But can you tell me the danish word for peat?