polymorpha escape, should i be worried

squidkid

Arachnoknight
my polymorpha is not in its cage, idk how it escaped, the walls were taller than it. i have cats and little sibs, should i be worried?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
thats what i thought, ik that there is little chance of finding it but what do you think might work?
Can it have gotten to the outside world easily from where it escaped at in your home? If yes then it is likely gone, if no, look in dark places, under stuff, and in adjacent closets if there is any. If your baseboards aren't flush and it can get into the walls your probably never going to find it either.

squidkid

Arachnoknight
lol guys, just turned on the light in animal room and found the pede struggling in the web of this monster grass spider i have on the shelf below his! good thing i fed the spider a couple of days ago!

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol guys, just turned on the light in animal room and found the pede struggling in the web of this monster grass spider i have on the shelf below his! good thing i fed the spider a couple of days ago!
Glad you found it. Don’t expect to be that lucky next time! :)

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
Glad you found it, good thing that grass spider was looking out for you! Others are correct though, usually a centipede that gets out is gone, I had a Subcrustalis that was basically a pet hole, didn't really leave it's hide, and would just wait for it's food to come to it, then one day the metal mesh at the top of the cage (which I was fairly confident the pede couldn't even reach) was ripped open and I never saw it again. I was actually paranoid something like this could happen with a mesh lid so I inspected it frequently, there were never any signs of chewing so it must have just been really determined one night.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Glad you found it, good thing that grass spider was looking out for you! Others are correct though, usually a centipede that gets out is gone, I had a Subcrustalis that was basically a pet hole, didn't really leave it's hide, and would just wait for it's food to come to it, then one day the metal mesh at the top of the cage (which I was fairly confident the pede couldn't even reach) was ripped open and I never saw it again. I was actually paranoid something like this could happen with a mesh lid so I inspected it frequently, there were never any signs of chewing so it must have just been really determined one night.
Lost a S. mutilans pretty much the same way, never saw it again either.