Poll: What New Arachnid Should I Get?

What is the coolest pet/which one should I get?

• Total voters

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome :) My oldest cancerides is about 3.5", he doesn't threat display he just bites without warning, hence his name " Mr. Bitey", he makes my OBT look like a cuddly puppy dog.
I got mine as an adult... I wonder if slings/juvies are just crazier LOL She has never displayed any of that behaviour.

MES

Arachnosquire
It's super interesting to see the differences between individuals in a species. Tarantulas are awesome haha! ;)

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Wow! I get in my girl's bubble all the time with my phone to take photos without worry lol

All my spiders are broken, based on others' accounts LOL I don't have a single T that threat displays, and I have a house full of baboons (including 27 P. murinus), Pokies, etc.
I feel the exact same way. All my tarantulas are broken also. I own some of the nastiest species supposedly and I haven't ever seen a threat posture, EVER and that's no lie. Been Keeping for over a decade too and started with P. murinus.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I feel the exact same way. All my tarantulas are broken also. I own some of the nastiest species supposedly and I haven't ever seen a threat posture, EVER and that's no lie. Been Keeping for over a decade too and started with P. murinus.
I got threat postures from my first P. chordatus female over 10 years ago because I had her set up improperly at first. Once I rectified that mistake, it was smooth sailing! NONE of my P. murinus (and we are talking dozens over the years) have ever displayed any of the "nasty OBT" temperament I always read about... EXCEPT some mature males lol They can be testy little blighters... but still not nearly deserving of the reputation.

SirClassy

Arachnopeon
Bro I love how I replied to this thread that no one had replied on and out of no where 23 replies xD

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I've kept/baby-sat around seven P. cancerides and all of them, even got a threat display from the 1 1/2 incher which is always amusing to me (because at that size they have no reason to be that defensive).
Sure they do. They're in the greatest danger from predators when they're tiny, so the need to defend themselves is the greatest then.

MES

Arachnosquire
Hello again!
Just wanted to give an update, I went to my local reptile expo this weekend, and I ended up getting all three animals in the poll!
I bought this beautiful sub-adult Arizona Blonde, this gorgeous mature female Asian forest scorpion, and these cute Florida scrub millies! I couldn't resist any of them, haha. I also included a picture of the scorpion with the brood she had a few months ago! IMG_20181006_163609289.jpg IMG_20181006_163904927.jpg FB_IMG_1538866671758.jpg IMG_20181006_163736475.jpg