Poll: What is your favorite NW terrestrial genus?

Well?

• Total voters

Paiige

Arachnobaron
There's a 4" Pamphobeteus sp. flammifera for sale at a LPS...expensive but beautiful. I really want a sling but can't seem to find one. I think they're my favorite after looking through the other spp.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There's a 4" Pamphobeteus sp. flammifera for sale at a LPS...expensive but beautiful. I really want a sling but can't seem to find one. I think they're my favorite after looking through the other spp.
Ooh, yeah, flammifera look really cool. But very expensive.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
WHAT??? I got my sexed female for 100 Euro...
Their prices are laughable crazy, boina.

To pay a Theraphosidae maybe WC from India or else by a brat for a $1 dish of rice like a brand new console, I tell you: crazy just like when Jack 'Mr. Torrance' Nicholson was driving to the Overlook Hotel. He was already nuts before enter, lol :-s

Pro is that Americans have $, lots of $ :troll:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Could also be Bumba, Cyclosternum, Davus, Holothele, Dolichothele and Neoholothele.

Just saying.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Could also be Bumba, Cyclosternum, Davus, Holothele, Dolichothele and Neoholothele.
I actually had a dream last night that I ordered some Ts online and was sent an AF N. incei as a freebie...it was 12", gravid and mean, and tried to eat my cat. :sorry:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I actually had a dream last night that I ordered some Ts online and was sent an AF N. incei as a freebie...it was 12", gravid and mean, and tried to eat my cat. :sorry:
Could have better freebies :p I would love to see a Trinidad at 12 inches ahaha

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Idk about yours, but my adult female is almost always out of her hide. See picture below.
Just curious, what is the depths of the substrate? They are burrowers naturally. Mine spent most of the time in its hole. The ones I was selling I kept as terrestrial without much sub and they were always on show. I guess the key to seeing them more often is to not give them a lot of sub.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Just curious, what is the depths of the substrate? They are burrowers naturally. Mine spent most of the time in its hole. The ones I was selling I kept as terrestrial without much sub and they were always on show. I guess the key to seeing them more often is to not give them a lot of sub.
Well, I didn't want a pet hole, so I opted for 3" of substrate. The local guy I got her from had her and his other female in the same setup. He's a reputable and well known T owner and breeder in my area. I know that they burrow, but the female he sold me and the other female has never showed signs of wanting to burrow once they became adults.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Well, I didn't want a pet hole, so I opted for 3" of substrate. The local guy I got her from had her and his other female in the same setup. He's a reputable and well known T owner and breeder in my area. I know that they burrow, but the female he sold me and the other female has never showed signs of wanting to burrow once they became adults.
This is what I thought. I think I only saw mine twice over 2 years. They should be seen more. Stunning spiders.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter

Just saying.
Where is Ephebopus?
Well, there are only 10 slots available when you create a poll (9 slots if you include 'other' as one of the answers.) I tried to use the genera that I see the most often in the main online T stores and read about the most often. If your favorite genus isn't listed, it's simply because of the limited number of poll responses, so you'll need to vote 'other' and explain what it is.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
I voted Acanthoscurria because the Geniculata's are what got me into the hobby and I love my "Cruella". But if I was going to add one to the list I would add Pterinopelma because my two Sazimai's are incredibly fascinating and there is something exciting about observing a "new" species. I woke up yesterday to find out that my juvie female had torn up chunks of decorative moss and pulled it over to her hide, mixing it with peat to plug up her entire burrow entrance. She's going to be an architect when she grows up.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Look at many of my posts and you'll see that I love the Euathlus genus. How could one not, the E. Sp. Red in particular, walks like royalty. They have a great temperament and are just great all around little tarantulas in general. As far as what is on the list, the Acanthoscurria genus is my favorite. It would take me forever to explain why because every time cage maintenance rolls around, things get complicated quickly.