1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: What is the most you've ever spent on a single tarantula? (Price only, not shipping)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by nicodimus22, Mar 23, 2017.

Well?

1. free ($0) to $24

6.5%
  2. $25 to $49

16.1%
  3. $50 to $74

13.7%
  4. $75 to $99

16.9%
  5. $100 to $149

16.9%
  6. $150 to $199

14.5%
  7. $200 to $249

2.4%
  8. $250 to $299

6.5%
  9. $300 to $349

1.6%
  10. $350 or more

4.8%
  1. ShrapnelShark

ShrapnelShark Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I just sort of started this hobby seriously,this year. Only have babies, Most i spent was i believe 35 dollars on a Borneo black Sling that was about an inch. I love it,very webby and hungry.

2. darkness975

darkness975 A Dream Within a Dream Arachnosupporter

$250

• Like Like x 1
  3. Caseyface

Caseyface Arachnosquire

Seattle
    My most expensive T is my darling Gordita, my AF E. sp. red. She was $175. Worth every penny. Second most expensive was the ~1.75 Y. sooretama for $90.

• Love Love x 1
  4. Caseyface

Caseyface Arachnosquire

Seattle
    Oooh, what kind of spider was it? What will you be getting in July? :happy:

5. gypsy cola

gypsy cola Arachnoknight

T.cyaneolum

Haven't figured out yet what I am getting July. I was thinking p.ultramanis but, idk.

• Love Love x 1
  6. Caseyface

Caseyface Arachnosquire

Seattle
    @gypsy cola - Ah, the T. cyaneolums are incredibly beautiful. :watching: (As are the P. ultramarinus!!)

7. edesign

edesign Stacks o' spiders Old Timer

$100-150, I don't recall what it was. Female pokie, miranda or rufilata or something, juvenile size. I've bought a number between $50-99, mostly sexed females but a couple slings such as X. immanis ($90, one died less than a month later heh, still have 2 though :)) Typically I'm game between $1 and 30 for common stuff but will pay more for less common species up to a point. I like to buy 3+ of a species so that generally limits me to about $100/sling per order. I've spent up to a little over $500 at one time despite my initial budget being $200 lol so who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stormsky

Stormsky Arachnopeon

Most I've spent so far on one spider is $175 on a female Euathlus sp. red and it was super worth it.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Philth

Philth N.Y.H.C. Arachnosupporter

I bought 2 slings of the first batch of balfouri that hit the U.S. For $800 I came home with 2 1/4" slings lol. That held the record for the most I ever spent on a spiderling, until the seladonia that recently hit the hobby :nailbiting: lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. kevinlowl

kevinlowl Arachnosquire Active Member

KL
    Jezus :eek:

...how much was the seladonia?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Caseyface

Caseyface Arachnosquire

Seattle
    Me, too!! Did you get her from NET-BUG, per chance? I love my little lady so freakin much.

12. Trenor

Trenor Arachnoprince Active Member

NC
    I bought a few H.pulchripes slings for 85 each and I'm pretty sure that is the highest I've paid for any T including sexed females.

My 0.1 P.cam was a steal at 65 dollars.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  13. mack1855

mack1855 Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

$250_P.ultramarinus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Stormsky

Stormsky Arachnopeon

That's exactly where I got her from. And I got lucky too cause she was the last one and wasn't even listed for sale until I asked. She's my current favorite right now in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Caseyface

Caseyface Arachnosquire

Seattle
    @Stormsky - How funny! I was told that my girl was also the last, but this was a few months ago, in early March. I think they used my girl to mate, and Anastasia gave me one of her own babies as a freebie.

16. Stormsky

Stormsky Arachnopeon

I got mine just last month. Hmmm, I wonder if that's some kind of business tactic. She told me mine was still a bit too young to breed yet, but she was planning to, though I did still get a baby one as a freebie.

17. Caseyface

Caseyface Arachnosquire

Seattle
    @Stormsky - Oh, interesting... It sounds like maybe they were saving one with intent to breed, (making mine the last for sale), but gave it to you instead. In either event, I am so glad that you were able to get your hand on her. My Gordy is my favorite. I love her so.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GreyPsyche

GreyPsyche Arachnosquire Active Member

I only buy slings...

P. Vittata, 45$

19. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnoknight Active Member

P. sazimai 2" female for $75... For now that's my most expensive.