Poll: What is the most you've ever spent on a single tarantula? (Price only, not shipping)

Well?

• Total voters

ShrapnelShark

Arachnopeon
I just sort of started this hobby seriously,this year. Only have babies, Most i spent was i believe 35 dollars on a Borneo black Sling that was about an inch. I love it,very webby and hungry.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
My most expensive T is my darling Gordita, my AF E. sp. red. She was $175. Worth every penny. Second most expensive was the ~1.75 Y. sooretama for $90.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
$250 is my record so far. Going to change that in July.

what was the $250 on? A spider that was totally worth it and I will cherish her forever.
Oooh, what kind of spider was it? What will you be getting in July? :happy:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
$100-150, I don't recall what it was. Female pokie, miranda or rufilata or something, juvenile size. I've bought a number between $50-99, mostly sexed females but a couple slings such as X. immanis ($90, one died less than a month later heh, still have 2 though :)) Typically I'm game between $1 and 30 for common stuff but will pay more for less common species up to a point. I like to buy 3+ of a species so that generally limits me to about $100/sling per order. I've spent up to a little over $500 at one time despite my initial budget being $200 lol so who knows.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Most I've spent so far on one spider is $175 on a female Euathlus sp. red and it was super worth it.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I bought 2 slings of the first batch of balfouri that hit the U.S. For $800 I came home with 2 1/4" slings lol. That held the record for the most I ever spent on a spiderling, until the seladonia that recently hit the hobby :anxious: lol.

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
I bought 2 slings of the first batch of balfouri that hit the U.S. For $800 I came home with 2 1/4" slings lol. That held the record for the most I ever spent on a spiderling, until the seladonia that recently hit the hobby :anxious: lol.
Jezus :eek:

...how much was the seladonia?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I bought a few H.pulchripes slings for 85 each and I'm pretty sure that is the highest I've paid for any T including sexed females.

My 0.1 P.cam was a steal at 65 dollars.

Last edited:

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Me, too!! Did you get her from NET-BUG, per chance? I love my little lady so freakin much.
That's exactly where I got her from. And I got lucky too cause she was the last one and wasn't even listed for sale until I asked. She's my current favorite right now in my collection.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
@Stormsky - How funny! I was told that my girl was also the last, but this was a few months ago, in early March. I think they used my girl to mate, and Anastasia gave me one of her own babies as a freebie.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
@Stormsky - How funny! I was told that my girl was also the last, but this was a few months ago, in early March. I think they used my girl to mate, and Anastasia gave me one of her own babies as a freebie.
I got mine just last month. Hmmm, I wonder if that's some kind of business tactic. She told me mine was still a bit too young to breed yet, but she was planning to, though I did still get a baby one as a freebie.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
@Stormsky - Oh, interesting... It sounds like maybe they were saving one with intent to breed, (making mine the last for sale), but gave it to you instead. In either event, I am so glad that you were able to get your hand on her. My Gordy is my favorite. I love her so.